• ...and so much more!
  • Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Obama demands quick action to raise debt limit

This is story is related as in the briefing the President stated, "The president also said he will soon ask Congress to enact new gun legislation in the wake of the shootings a month ago that left 20 elementary students dead in Newtown, Conn. Facing stiff opposition from the National Rifle Association, he conceded lawmakers may not approve everything he asks for. Among the proposals under consideration are a ban on assault-style weapons and high capacity ammunition magazines. Obama said he would unveil his proposals next week. He was meeting after his news conference with Vice President Joe Biden, his point man in producing gun control measures to present to Congress."

News from The Associated Press

Please keep the pressure up on your elected officials.

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    One more link with a different Presidential comment, "

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action'

"I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president."

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action' | The Weekly Standard

I think he'll go with executive order. Then the Democrats in Congress won't have to be the "bad guys" and risk losing their seats. The Democrats don't have much majority in the Senate...it's only a few seats. There's no way they'll risk that.

Top Bottom