Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have seen suitcases someone paid $2k for, but I still have never seen a $2k suitcase.
    I felt the same way until my mom handed me her new Chanel bag. I had told her that $1500 for a handbag was stupid. She asked me how much good leather holsters cost then handed me the bag and asked me to evaluate it like I would a holster.

My eyes were opened.

That bag had so much high quality leather and stitching that if it had been a holster it would have easily cost $1500. She used it till she died and then my sister used it until it was stolen in a mugging. It was put through the ringer for nearly a couple of decades by those two but it was still looking and working great. I can't stress how incredibly high quality it was.

Labels are often stupid...but not always. Far from it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I felt the same way until my mom handed me her new Chanel bag. I had told her that $1500 for a handbag was stupid. She asked me how much good leather holsters cost then handed me the bag and asked me to evaluate it like I would a holster.

My eyes were opened.

That bag had so much high quality leather and stitching that if it had been a holster it would have easily cost $1500. She used it till she died and then my sister used it until it was stolen in a mugging. It was put through the ringer for nearly a couple of decades by those two but it was still looking and working great. I can't stress how incredibly high quality it was.

Labels are often stupid...but not always. Far from it.
    While I will pay for quality in an item up to a point, for me there are limits. I could buy a number of suitcases for far less than $2k, throw them away if they ever break and still come out better than buying a $2k suitcase.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    While I will pay for quality in an item up to a point, for me there are limits. I could buy a number of suitcases for far less than $2k, throw them away if they ever break and still come out better than buying a $2k suitcase.

You just don't have enough money to throw at stuff.

It's all relative....

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Except nice things often work way nicer than the cheap "equivalent"

Spend the right amount and you are operating at a 9-10 vs 5-6 and not having to deal with getting a replacement over and over as well...

Its like comparing a $75 Tasco to a Vortex Razor or Nightforce...

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Except nice things often work way nicer than the cheap "equivalent"
    You get past a certain (very high) threshold and a kind of magic takes over.

The best film camera Nikon ever made was the F5. I've owned so many Nikons over the years that I've learned to appreciate them for their quirks and strengths. The F5, though, was different. Even more than my F, which was a wonderful classic, the F5 just speaks to you when you pick it up. Everything is in the right place. The feel of the thing screams quality, screams "You can build your career with me." I can't hold my F5 without smiling.

At a certain level, quality just makes your heart happier every time you pick up an object. The F5 did that for me. The Chanel bag did it for my mother. And while I don't think a piece of luggage could do it for me, I won't begrudge anyone their feelings on the matter.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You get past a certain (very high) threshold and a kind of magic takes over.

The best film camera Nikon ever made was the F5. I've owned so many Nikons over the years that I've learned to appreciate them for their quirks and strengths. The F5, though, was different. Even more than my F, which was a wonderful classic, the F5 just speaks to you when you pick it up. Everything is in the right place. The feel of the thing screams quality, screams "You can build your career with me." I can't hold my F5 without smiling.

At a certain level, quality just makes your heart happier every time you pick up an object. The F5 did that for me. The Chanel bag did it for my mother. And while I don't think a piece of luggage could do it for me, I won't begrudge anyone their feelings on the matter.
    I bought a stich for stich WWII reproduction A2 jacket. Pricy, but it just makes me happy.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Sam Brinton, a senior Energy Department (DOE) official, was charged with stealing a traveler's luggage in the Minneapolis airport in September, shortly before quietly taking a leave of absence.

Brinton — who serves as the DOE's deputy assistant secretary for spent fuel and waste disposition — allegedly took a Vera Bradley suitcase worth $2,325 from the luggage carousel at the Minneapolis St. Paul Airport (MSP) on Sept. 16, according to a criminal complaint filed on Oct. 26 in Minnesota state court and obtained by Fox News Digital. Brinton had traveled from Washington, D.C., to MSP that day.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...icial-charged-stealing-womans-luggage-airport

View attachment 358632
    Geez. At least he hangs out with top military brass…at a party at the French Ambassador’s residence. Good Lord help us
    0EA66590-DD2A-413B-973F-A8CA439E9733.jpeg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Geez. At least he hangs out with top military brass…at a party at the French Ambassador’s residence. Good Lord help us View attachment 358912

While the US Public Health Service is one of the seven Uniformed Services of the United States, like NOAA it NOT a military department or armed service/branch of the military.

The seven services are Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Space Cadets, Coast Guard, NOAA, and USPHS.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom