Big day in Texas history

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
Jan 20, 2021
Cypress, TX
I love a real Nacho Supremo with chorizo, cheese, sour cream & fresh pico de gallo!
I don't do chorizo. Actually I have never tasted it but I remember a story about a guy camping on Padre Island and coyotes got into his food while he was fishing. He said they ate or took everything but the chorizo. Said it looked like they had chewed it and spit it out. i decided if coyotes wouldn't eat it neither would i. Daughter eats it and calls it good. So......

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
I don't do chorizo. Actually I have never tasted it but I remember a story about a guy camping on Padre Island and coyotes got into his food while he was fishing. He said they ate or took everything but the chorizo. Said it looked like they had chewed it and spit it out. i decided if coyotes wouldn't eat it neither would i. Daughter eats it and calls it good. So......
cygunner,

I feel the same about chorizo as I do about menudo. = There are just TWO sorts: GREAT & JUST TERRIBLE.

yours, satx

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
There are also spices like cumin, salt pepper & veggies like onions, jalapeños & cilantro and just enough fruit flavor from a lime or 2.
baboon,

I do NOT use NOR happily EAT the stuff that's "pre-packaged". = Making my own "spice mix"/flavorings from fresh ingredients is just TOO EASY.
(Then I know what is IN it.)

I do sometimes buy FRESH-MADE salsa from the same Mexican woman & her daughter that I buy my FAVORITE tamales (and when she has it, menudo, too) from.

yours, satx

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Chorizo is simply a very spicy sausage, usually made from pork, but can be made from other meats as well. Typically pork is the first choice most people use to make chorizo. Very similar to a spicy regular pork sausage, but with a little more heat to it.

One of my favorites for an egg and cheese breakfast burrito.

baboon

TGT Addict
Chorizo is simply a very spicy sausage, usually made from pork, but can be made from other meats as well. Typically pork is the first choice most people use to make chorizo. Very similar to a spicy regular pork sausage, but with a little more heat to it.

One of my favorites for an egg and cheese breakfast burrito.
There is Spanish chorizo & Mexican chorizo. The mexican can be pork meat but is mostly fat & or thymus glands (Sweetbreads). Not unlike boudin being mostly pork liver .vs pork meat. I made plenty of both while at work. As far as a coyote not eating it, Mexican chorizo has vinegar in it recipe.

I'm fine with chorizo & potato tacos. What's left over gets the eggs.

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
There is Spanish chorizo & Mexican chorizo. The mexican can be pork meat but is mostly fat & or thymus glands (Sweetbreads). Not unlike boudin being mostly pork liver .vs pork meat. I made plenty of both while at work. As far as a coyote not eating it, Mexican chorizo has vinegar in it recipe.

I'm fine with chorizo & potato tacos. What's left over gets the eggs.
baboon,

REAL/GOOD boudin is MOSTLY ground pork scraps, "leftover" cooked rice, spices & a LITTLE bit of pork liver.= I used to live in south LA & therefore KNOW what boudin is SUPPOSED to be.
(The BEST, imVho, is made by F&F FOODS from near Bloody Bayou, LA. = I could LIVE ON their sausages, crackers & DIXIE beer.)

yours, satx

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics