Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You should dig up some of the videos with guys shooting big bore pistols as well. I recall one where the guy shot the pistol and it flipped out of his hand and crowned him in the face, lol.

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    I don't know how many people have been turned off guns forever because some idiot wanted to prove how macho he was to his girlfriend or wife.

There is nothing responsible about that kind of behavior, and it's a good way to get people who might have been interested in shooting to become very anti-gun.

This is a time when we should be trying to win people over to our side and showing them how enjoyable shooting can be. Having somebody shoot a .50 for their first time, is not the right way to do that.

JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    HAHAHHA! I cant help it!

Ive seen all those videos, there are some reall funny ones that I died laughing and crying after watching them. My buddy and I searched for everything they had on youtube.

This is one of my favorites - men and big guns are just as bad, hahah!

Not related, but it cracks me up

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You want to see something crazy, check out the 700 Nitro:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4730761375954476004

800px-Bullet_45acp_cartridge.jpg.JPG

Yes, that is a 45acp cartridge in the center. 700 Nitro shell is on the right, it's bullet on the left.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Bad for the shooting sport

I don't know how many people have been turned off guns forever because some idiot wanted to prove how macho he was to his girlfriend or wife.

There is nothing responsible about that kind of behavior, and it's a good way to get people who might have been interested in shooting to become very anti-gun.

This is a time when we should be trying to win people over to our side and showing them how enjoyable shooting can be. Having somebody shoot a .50 for their first time, is not the right way to do that.

Totally Agree. My wife and I take new shooters to the range often. She works with a lot of people from India (techies) that have never shot guns but love to shoot and take pictures to send home.
    We always start them out with 22's or 9mm's. Funny thing is, the Indian women shoot better than the men since they will follow instructions more readily. I've seen some Indian women move up to 40 caliber, 357 magnum, and 45 caliber quite quickly but I only allow them to move up at their own pace.
    I love introducing newbies to the shooting sport but I would never put a 50 caliber gun in their hands for their safety and mine.

FlyinFast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Richardson
    I am in agreement with most here. The idiots that scare these girls should have a talking to (read having the snot knocked out of them). If one of those aholes helped them with some instruction instead of making a "funny" video they might have done better and not been scared or injured. I think stuff like youtube will do more harm to our 2nd amendment rights than any antigun org could hope to achieve. We are our own worst enimies.

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    Dang, I gotta take more time when I'm scanning thread titles. I thought this one said "Guns and Big Women." That didn't bring anything good to mind. Whew!

The guys that did this crap should be pistol whipped with the guns used in the videos.

I have a Desert Eagle .50 AE that I wouldn't let my wife shoot if she wanted to. (She was hit by a drunk driver, and one of the injuries that she sustained left her with a LOT of hardware in her wrists). She, however, has no desire to shoot it. I just wouldn't do that to anyone.

Top Bottom