• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Today will be my first visit to the "new" Big Town show, used to love the old ones (well except the times the AC went out!)

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    IIRCC this is the show that has been having a lot of problem with crime. Lots of breaking into cars and stealing during the show. Someone will cone along and remind me.

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Decent show but ammo prices are still retarded.

Picked up a Colt Official Police for $275 at S. A. W.

Last edited:

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I haven't been to a Gun Show in quite a while, so may try to hit this one. Will be mid-afternoon--say 1400. I have a Santa Claus beard and will be wearing a "U. S. Air Force Retired" cap.

flashguy

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Got wind of the S&W SHOT show touring truck being at Ray's Sporting goods in Dallas today.
    So a couple buddies and I make the trip over.

It was nifty to see the S&W and Nikon optics catalog on display. It was a let down to realize very little was actually available to purchase. What was in stock, was discounted. Folks were friendly enough and it was pretty cool to be there, but overall, it was rather disappointing. I know that had there been a 686 SSR and a 617 there, they would've sold.

While in Dallas, we made the trek to Big Town show. Lots of product, pricing of firearms seemed to be almost back to normal, ammo was still ridiculous but available. Most noticeable ... not a lot of people.

Maybe the venue is bigger than it appears, but there wasn't a throng of folks there like I've seen before. Lots of police presence, inside and in the parking lot.

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    Seemed to be lots of people saturday afternoon, parking lot was crammed. Inside seemed to be expanded to take up the entire inside, seemed like it took me forever to get through. Found everything I was looking for even though I could only only afford one of them.

.44Mag revolver
    Large ring mauser
    small Beretta 22 automatic
    AR15 upper with bcg

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I did make it, arrived just before 1400 and stayed until after 1500. I made it through the whole floor, but didn't spend much time any particular place. I wasn't "accosted" by anyone from here, but did see a few friends in my wanderings. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, but did notice a lot of AR-15 type guns and one table had more than 100 uppers with various barrels--I did not price any of them. They apparently don't have their food license approved yet, so the only food was a couple of "roach coaches" outside. I got a pretty good burger from one of them. It was disappointing not to have hot dogs, though. The parking lot was full and there were lots of people inside. Lots of ammo (I know the guys at Dallas Reloading) but I didn't ask how sales were. I do think the big rush for it is waning, however. I will say that the refurbished facility does seem nicer, and the a/c was working (for a change). Also, most of the big parking lot has been paved (asphalt) and marked--much nicer than before.

Top Bottom