• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    Where's the best place (s) to find parts for say..... A Suzuki boulevard M50? I'm looking for an alternator? Bike won't run unless it's hooked up to a battery jump pack. I bought a new battery, have not put it in yet, but if the battery is not the problem......

Any advice welcome!
    Lynx Defense

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I get a lot of parts on Ebay. Model specific forums is also a good place to search for random parts. Craigslist if you don't mind running local to look at stuff.

If you want stock stuff for the Zuk, check out http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/home.php

They might have a replacement part. Otherwise Ron Ayers or BikeBandit. You'll probably get better prices from Ayers. Bear in mind, stock replacement will always be priced a little rich

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Look into getting a battery tender. It keeps the charge up in your battery if it's going to sit for a while. They're not expensive and aren't full size battery chargers, just a small trickle charger that plugs into a pigtail wired to your battery.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Bought one the same day I got the battery!

Excellent - Battery Tender's really extend battery life. In our three years in Japan both our bike's batteries lasted 3yrs plus going to the next owner. Both bikes now are hooked up...well, I take that back, my bike is always hooked up, DH is more loose with his :p

Glad you're back on the road. Its frustrating to be working out gremlins.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    hehehe......ah've got me an Ultra that forces me ta ride at least once a week.... ;)

If ya'll are wondering why she's bein' so nice ta me, it's likely got sumthin' ta do with me havin' 5 boxes of .45 ammo to drop off for 'em tomorrow.......<SEG>

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    hehehe......ah've got me an Ultra that forces me ta ride at least once a week.... ;)

If ya'll are wondering why she's bein' so nice ta me, it's likely got sumthin' ta do with me havin' 5 boxes of .45 ammo to drop off for 'em tomorrow.......<SEG>

Yeah, we try to ride all the weekends too. Back in JP offseason was mandatory and lasted 6mths :(

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Hey, Shorts - if ya'll RIDE 'EM often 'nuff, ya don't need no tender!<G>

If the weather was a little more cooperative then I'd be making weekly lunch runs to Orsak's or Yankee's or Prause's (or Joel's in Flatonia - mmmm good!). From the looks of the weather I'll have to add some StaBil to the tank so the gas will keep, and maybe a splash of Seafoam when I'm ready to take a trip and ride out what's left in the tank.

(I hate riding in the rain)

By the way, I've been meaning to ask - are you on twtex.com?

Top Bottom