• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The tow guy came and picked up my bike today and I sent the remaining paperwork off to my insurance. I'm officially bikeless.

In the healing front, things are going in the right direction. I'm gaining movement and don't have to be quite as vigilant in my movements. But not up to par yet. Strength isn't back yet but that'll come with more healing and exercises. I am able to sleep better though still getting up several times throughout the night.

I'm getting cabin fever a bit too. And I think I bore the dog.

That's about it. If I get hostile around here, squirt me with the spray bottle.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Holy crap! What happened!?

Wrecked :( It was a highside. I was totally impressed by the lean and loss of traction if I do say to myself.

Landed on my shoulder & broke both bones. I remember saying to myself when I hit "Holy crap that really hurts!". I've never broken bones before while conscious. I was just glad it wasn't dislocated. I was dreading them having to put it back in place. I've heard and seen plenty of horror stories.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hopefully you will be back up to speed before the bike returns!

Thanks. Oh, but the bike won't be returning. Totaled it. Today I ran to the post office to send of my final insurance papers, then detoured my drive home to the DFW Honda store where I proceeded to climb on a Duc Monster S2R. I'm not in any shape yet to think about riding yet. But I found some good comfort in getting on that bike and standing it up. Some of it was due to the contrast of how easy it was to stand up compared to the SV. That right there, though a small thing seemed to give my spirit a boost. My confidence took a big hit with this first wreck. It was nice to feel something positive. The bike felt like I could ride it. That probably sounds cheesy, I know how to ride. But, hard not to question, you know?

Just an FYI, I'm not setting sights on an S2R, or anything close to a 1000 for that matter. I just wanted to get on a Monster model. They run close in specs, even though perf & engine size are different.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wrecked :( It was a highside. I was totally impressed by the lean and loss of traction if I do say to myself.

Landed on my shoulder & broke both bones. I remember saying to myself when I hit "Holy crap that really hurts!". I've never broken bones before while conscious. I was just glad it wasn't dislocated. I was dreading them having to put it back in place. I've heard and seen plenty of horror stories.

Wow, how did I miss that? I hope you get better soon!!

I know what you're talking about with the loss of confidence. I low-sided my wife's bike (at low speed and in full gear - I count myself very lucky) and lost a lot of confidence because of it. You just have to get back on and ride, there's really no other choice.

I still have trouble with confidence to corner aggressively, though. I take corners slooow now.

So what I'm saying is, if you get back on a bike as soon as you're better, you'll be able to work through this. It's tough having doubt creep into your mind while you're riding, though. I don't like it...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks :) I still plan on riding, and it will bug the heck out of my MIL, GMIL, orthopedic surgeon and anyone else who wants to harp on me about it. Tim's grandma sent him an email about "you kids and your motorcycles". She didn't cc me though, which is funny because she always attaches our emails together. I'm waiting to hear the entire spiel over Christmas while we're there lol

My husband lowsided on some wet pine needles in '07 when we were in Japan. After I got his bike fixed up and we were ready to head out again, he mentioned being a little bit nervous about curves but didn't go into it much. I really didn't think much of it but offered him the normal 'take your time and ride your ride'. But after this and having all these cob webs and thoughts about it, I'm regretful that I wasn't more compassionate. I just didn't see it.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Glad you are recovering, I hope you get to full force soon. You will be fine, I got hit by a car on one of my past bikes. The love of riding will help counter the nervousness. Good luck Monica... (I need you to make a holster for me...lol)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Thanks yall.

In the last couple of days I've begun brainstorming. I'm beginning to take a liking to an idea to trike a Monster, a 2-1 setup that utilizes a quad front end.

I'm starting a new post in the bike section...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    New Braunfels
    Glad you are OK, alive and recovering. Got two screws in my shoulder courtesy of a whitetail deer. Hurt like hell! Being bikeless hurt more. Got the same speech from the grandparents and others. Confidence will return dont let anyone rush you. Glad you are already pondering on a new ride. You know what brand i vote for.

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I tried to put a Harley under a Camero many years back. Didn't fit. Still have a high collarbone. I got older, and play it safe now--bought a Cessna. No Cameros up there.

Top Bottom