• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootWhenICan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Houston
    If you think Gov. Brown won't sign that new gun bill that will be on his desk soon........think again.

If he's capable of this, he is capable of anything!

[h=2]CA Gov. Jerry Brown To Sign Bill Approving Non-Physician Abortions[/h]

Via Breitbart:
    A bill that would allow non-physicians to perform abortions in the first trimester of pregnancy is awaiting signature by Gov. Jerry Brown of California by Sep. 30. The bill, AB 154, passed both houses of the state legislature with strong support from Planned Parenthood and pro-choice groups. Planned Parenthood stands to benefit most directly from the bill, as non-physician staff at its clinics would be able to obtain abortion licenses.

One doctor–who identified himself as pro-choice–told Breitbart News that “the bill is a disaster since it sends us back 100 years to the problems of the complications from back-steet abortions.” The bill’s critics warn that the training provided to non-physician staff is weak, that supervision by physicians in clinics will be minimal, and that there is real risk of injury or death to women who will be treated in such conditions.

The California Medical Association has endorsed AB 154 because of “provisions for training in the bill and the amendments that clarify physician supervision.” Yet the training is to be provided by the Board of Registered Nursing, not by physicians, and the protocols for defining “supervision” have not been specified. There is nothing in the legislation requiring a physician to be present or on-site during an abortion.

The bill permits licensed non-physicians to perform two kinds of abortion in the first trimester–by medication, and by aspiration, which requires the insertion of medical instruments into the uterus. Though many doctors agree that non-physicians could provide medications with few risks, the idea that a non-physician would perform an invasive procedure such as aspiration strikes many as rife with risks.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Simply heart breaking any time an unborn baby's right to life is taken away.

This latest push by the left is them really showing their hand though. They don't care about the life of the mother either.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Wow, how can they claim they are advocates of women's health while at the same time making an already dangerous procedure possibly more dangerous? Just when I thought I've wrapped my head around the potential of the libs, they unfortunately surprise me.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Well, setting aside the moral opposition to abortions, don't most of us feel that we should be moving to less medical regulation?

For example, shouldn't we have access to antibiotics without going to a doctor?
    Shouldn't we be able to deliver babies with midwives?
    Shouldn't we be legally allowed to use marijuana to treat medical problems?
    Shouldn't we be able to treat ourselves for certain medical conditions?
    Shouldn't we be able to use herbal medicine?

I think this falls in line with the rest of it. I understand that there is opposition to abortion, but setting that aside, we should be moving toward letting people work outside of the establishment medical system if they so choose.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Well, setting aside the moral opposition to abortions, don't most of us feel that we should be moving to less medical regulation?

I think this falls in line with the rest of it. I understand that there is opposition to abortion, but setting that aside, we should be moving toward letting people work outside of the establishment medical system if they so choose.

No, you shouldn't have access to ABx. Not popular here, I know. But ABx get abused plenty already. I don't want to open the flood gates of abuse that will make us powerless against the common bacterial for generations to come. New antibiotics a few and far between. Novel antibiotics come about every few decades and there are none in the pipe-line.

Yes, you can already use a mid-wife.

Move to CO, you can "treat" yourself with MJ. It has little medical value and plenty of side effects. THC derived products are available to the MD's, but they don't use them.

You already can treat yourself for most medical conditions, it starts with diet, exercise, weight control, and not smoking. Heck, plenty of insulin is over the counter.

You already can use herbal medicine. It may or may not work. Who knows? it hasn't been tested.

I have no clue what is in the above bill.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wow, how can they claim they are advocates of women's health while at the same time making an already dangerous procedure possibly more dangerous? Just when I thought I've wrapped my head around the potential of the libs, they unfortunately surprise me.

Because the agents of the devil want to kill and destroy. People of God love innocent life.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

Other countries are like that. Went with a family member as she went into a pharmacy in the Philippines and order up what she needed without any prescription at all.

The AMA is not your friend.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Look at California. Mess any way you measure it. The politicians there want religion destroyed, families destroyed, the environment protected and worshipped and the economy destroyed.

This is just another way to further the hellish chaos and confusion that is the prelude to total control.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    No, you shouldn't have access to ABx. Not popular here, I know. But ABx get abused plenty already. I don't want to open the flood gates of abuse that will make us powerless against the common bacterial for generations to come. New antibiotics a few and far between. Novel antibiotics come about every few decades and there are none in the pipe-line.

Yes, you can already use a mid-wife.

Move to CO, you can "treat" yourself with MJ. It has little medical value and plenty of side effects. THC derived products are available to the MD's, but they don't use them.

You already can treat yourself for most medical conditions, it starts with diet, exercise, weight control, and not smoking. Heck, plenty of insulin is over the counter.

You already can use herbal medicine. It may or may not work. Who knows? it hasn't been tested.

I have no clue what is in the above bill.

Insulin isn't OTC, and it is very expensive. My wife is Type 1, and her medical supplies are a significant portion of our monthly budget. Some de-regulation would be helpful for that I think, as would the ability to buy insurance in a more free/open market where companies would compete against one another. But, that is off-topic for this thread.

I know it is an unpopular view on this board, but increasing access to contraception needs to go hand-in-hand with more restrictive abortion laws. The rate of abortion in this country approximately matches the average failure rate of contraception, which tells me that abortions are not being used as a primary means of birth control. People are going to have sex, like it or not. And people are going to get pregnant as a result. I would hope that people would be personally accountable for their actions and would take care of their children, but we have a nation of people that are unwilling to take care of themselves. They don't need kids they can't take care of...

Secondly, with the new abortion restrictions in TX, we may actually see a higher abortion rate. Take some friends of mine for example... Due to some funny looking blood work, a 35 year old pregnant woman was told that their baby had an elevated risk of many medical conditions, several of which wouldn't have let the child live much past birth. Under the old 24 week rule, they had enough time for the baby to develop to the point of being able to make better imaging assessments. The new 20 week rule will likely lead to more invasive tests (when funny blood work comes back) and more pre-imptive abortions on the thought "Something doesn't look right, but if we go beyond the 20 week mark, terminating the pregnancy becomes much more difficult". The law of unintended consequences is a real bitch.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Insulin isn't OTC, ...
    Uh, no.

It depends on the type. Some (generally older) types of insulin are definitely available OTC. Weirdly, some pharmacies give you more static about buying needles than they do about insulin.

Your misconception, by the way, is common. Most young pharmacy techs will look at you like you're crazy if you're the first person to just walk up to them and ask for insulin. Invariably, you'll have to talk to the pharmacist who will then use the situation as a teaching moment for their junior staff.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Insulin isn't OTC, and it is very expensive. My wife is Type 1, and her medical supplies are a significant portion of our monthly budget. Some de-regulation would be helpful for that I think, as would the ability to buy insurance in a more free/open market where companies would compete against one another. But, that is off-topic for this thread.

I know it is an unpopular view on this board, but increasing access to contraception needs to go hand-in-hand with more restrictive abortion laws. The rate of abortion in this country approximately matches the average failure rate of contraception, which tells me that abortions are not being used as a primary means of birth control. People are going to have sex, like it or not. And people are going to get pregnant as a result. I would hope that people would be personally accountable for their actions and would take care of their children, but we have a nation of people that are unwilling to take care of themselves. They don't need kids they can't take care of...

Secondly, with the new abortion restrictions in TX, we may actually see a higher abortion rate. Take some friends of mine for example... Due to some funny looking blood work, a 35 year old pregnant woman was told that their baby had an elevated risk of many medical conditions, several of which wouldn't have let the child live much past birth. Under the old 24 week rule, they had enough time for the baby to develop to the point of being able to make better imaging assessments. The new 20 week rule will likely lead to more invasive tests (when funny blood work comes back) and more pre-imptive abortions on the thought "Something doesn't look right, but if we go beyond the 20 week mark, terminating the pregnancy becomes much more difficult". The law of unintended consequences is a real bitch.

Specifically, NPH, regular, and 70/30 (NPH/regular) insulin can be bought from the pharmacy OTC in Texas. Wal-Mart brand is something like $30 a vial. Not the best insulin out there, but they are the oldest insulin. They will work, but not as well as glargine or detemir with a fast acting. But if you are type one, have no Rx, it will keep you out of DKA.

Whether or not people have sex is not the issue. Killing an unborn baby because they may only live a few weeks seems stupid to me. Birth defects are a part of life. We don't let people euthanize mentally retarded children after they are born. I don't see why doing before they are born is any less despicable.

Also, the later the abortion happens, the more technically challenging it is, and the fewer providers perform them.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I know it is an unpopular view on this board, but increasing access to contraception needs to go hand-in-hand with more restrictive abortion laws. The rate of abortion in this country approximately matches the average failure rate of contraception, which tells me that abortions are not being used as a primary means of birth control.

Exactly where in this country is contraception not easily available?

I'm getting a little tired of this argument.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Then... if your "contraception" fails...you can have a pregnancy. It's about responsibility.

If you love someone enough to be doing that with them, then you'd better be prepared to marry and raise a family with them.

Call me old fashioned, but it worked for a few thousand years.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Then... if your "contraception" fails...you can have a pregnancy. It's about responsibility.

If you love someone enough to be doing that with them, then you'd better be prepared to marry and raise a family with them.

Call me old fashioned, but it worked for a few thousand years.

I agree 100%. Killing a unborn baby to me is murder. If your gonna have sex with someone. Be prepared for what could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    At this rate, I can totally see a billion dollar franchise industry happening in California: Abortion Drive-Thru's

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)
    Complete the experience w the abortionist who is not trained to handle surgical nor anesthetic complications and emergencies. Death rates will rise.

Of course, that's the point isn't it?

C-

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Complete the experience w the abortionist who is not trained to handle surgical nor anesthetic complications and emergencies. Death rates will rise.

Of course, that's the point isn't it?

C-

If they care so little for the unborn, why would anyone think that they care for the carrier of the unborn?

Top Bottom