• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I got in trouble, not major, for pretending to rack and shoot a shotgun as a kid so this hits close to home. GOP bill would defund schools with rules against playing with imaginary guns - The Hill's Floor Action

Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) introduced legislation this week to block federal funding for schools that enforce rules that punish students for playing with imaginary weapons.

The Student Protection Act, H.R. 2625, is a reaction to what Stockman says is the zero tolerance policy at some schools that has led to several suspensions of very young children who engage in these activities, including cases where students pretended their thumb and index finger is a gun.

"This government-sanctioned political correctness is traumatizing children and spreading irrational fear," the bill states.
    Military Camp

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    You should never discourage children from using their imagination. I went to catholic school where being or doing things out of the catholic norm was considered bad. After 6 years my imagination kind of died.

Now if a kid is playing lets kill the imaginary babies and wear their skin as a shirt... I would recommend something be done about it.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    And *I* have no tolerance for YOUR lack of tolerance for those that have no tolerance!!

Quick - lemme go register as a democrat so MY opinion will win!<G>

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    What if the "dangerous" child has a booger on the end of his imaginary barrel? Surely that child will still be punished for having a NFA device on his imaginary gun without proper paperwork.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    In eight grade theater arts class, we had an assignment where we had to act out a scene without any noise or props (Miming). The only thing the teacher wouldn't let us do was brush teeth. I chose robbing a bank and the teacher let me do it. This scene involved racking the slide with a pistol, a shootout with the police, pulling the charging handle on an M-16, reloading, more shooting, and eventually me getting killed. I failed my assignment only because it wasn't 2 minutes long (I stopped at 1:57 or something).

Those were the days.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I vote that school faculty found punishing a child for imaginary toy guns be given imaginary paychecks that month...

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I vote that school faculty found punishing a child for imaginary toy guns be given imaginary paychecks that month...

Here's 2 grand in monopoly money... I suggest you buy some boardwalk lol. If only, we know how well that will go over after watching the best paid teachers in the country protesting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Now if a kid is playing lets kill the imaginary babies and wear their skin as a shirt... I would recommend something be done about it.
    Yeah, like send him to guitar lessons and teach him how to make fake blood. We need a new generation of shock rockers ;)

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    As a single father, I have full custody of my son. He is with his mom currently and she has informed me that he has been getting put in time out for trying to play cops and robbers-even when just using his hand as a gun he gets time out.

Her reason? Because his fascination with this will make him want to go shoot up a school.

I swear I'm not making this up.

This bill makes me happy.

Top Bottom