• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I went there a few weeks ago and was bummed to find it shut down. I just Googled yesterday and found they had moved to a new location. (7709 Camp Bowie west.) YEA!!!!!

Billy's Oak Acres: When you just don't have 16 hours to DIY. (Not their slogan, mine.) Possibly THE best BBQ in DFW.
    Capitol Armory ad

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Well, I went there today and was disappointed.

I also spoke to Billy He asked me if I knew James.I said:only 10-20 years longer than I've known you.lol So, he told me Las Vegas Tr. Is history. James wouldn't let him fix anything.

Anyway, I figure that it's an adjustment thing to a new smokehouse. I'll go back in a month and try again.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Life cycle of BBQ:

Its BBQ Fri at the company and every looks forward to JimBuck bringing his 'Q'

JimBuck best Q' I have had you really should open a joint.

JimBuck open a joint, quits his job as he now has the best Q in town and folks drive half-way across Texas to eat there.

JimBuck moves to a new location uptown, hires a bunch of kids to follow his recipe, Q drops off the Tx Monthly Best BBQ list

JimBuck and his wife BettyLu can no longer make payments on the Mansion they bought and JimBuck's Q becomes a distant memory.

Alt Ending:

JimBuck sells out to Mega-Q and they franchise it, it slowly folds like a Taco gone cold and wet.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Pretty much describes the "best chicken fried steak in Texas" places, like Goodson's in Tomball, back when it was basically a six table shack with the bathroom out back, on a country road far South of town.

Texas Monthly killed it, by introducing it to the original yuppie transplants in Houston of the day, with it's "best in Texas" schtick. It was moved into town, and its best days were a thing of the past.

Haven't had a chicken fried steak like that since.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Went to Navajo Burger awhile back. ( This was the original Tommys) which became legendary and opened 2 more restaurants . The original Tommys was a gas station and the owners kid convinced his mom to try hamburgers. IDK, maybe 40 years ago or more? So, they started with a hot plate.
    Now, what probably helped Tommys was they are right on the road to a Lake Worth boat ramp.
    Anyway, after it became Navajo, the burgers were still the same.

BUT!!!!! Last time I went, I ordered a burger, grabbed some beer and looked around the store for maybe a minute. MY ORDER WAS READY!!! Neckro please.( You don't grill a 2/3 pound patty and make the burger in under 2 minutes!!!) I'll go back, but demand my burger be cooked right then.Pre-cooking burgers very very bad!

Top Bottom