• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I'm looking for a set of binoculars that can be an "all around" for me. I want of course everything in one small package but I know that I won't get it.

I'm wanting a set mostly for deer hunting but then would use them for other uses like sporting events and survival as well. So I want something that is tested and tough with the most amount of power possible. I don't need other toys mounted to it like compasses or range finders but I have been looking at range finders for a separate search.

I've heard that Steiner is a good brand but to be honest I know very little about binoculars since I've never had to buy any.

https://www.amazon.com/Steiner-210-...1481932606&sr=1-5&keywords=steiner+binoculars

411X0BJNVDL.jpg

Recs for a decent set of binoculars? Price does matter. Anything under $400.
    ARJ Defense ad

EmbarkChief

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    I have two sets of that exact pair. Love the infinite focus, large field of view, and excellent brightness. They are fairly large but for my purposes that isn't an issue. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I bought a pair of the small Leica pocket binocs. 8x20
    They fold up and can fit in a pocket.
    Honestly they get way more use than the large heavy pair of Nikons.
    Theyre so small You can carry them in the range bag as well as fishing/hunting/etc.
    You might check them out.
    Stieners are excellent glass but kinda big and heavy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Before you buy Steiner. Hit the local sports store. Try Vortex, Redfield and Nikon before you buy. They should have some Steiner on display. (Their view isn't really that good.)

Vortex, IMO has the better view of all of them. Nikon and Redfield being close.

Don't get anything larger then 8 power. Unless you have super steady hands. Then get 10. Just know the view will wiggle more, the higher the power.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Steiner binocular are built to be disposed of. I had a pair of Commanders that broke twice. First time they replaced them, second time the said they were no longer warrantied. After much bitching about my lifetime warranty they sent me some reconditioned predators to shut me up.

Lesson learned buy Swarovski, Zeiss, Lecia's or other high end optics & pass them down when you no longer use them.

JoeN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2015
    I am way late to add to this thread but don't think higher power is better. The higher the power the harder it is to hold the binoculars still and that makes it harder to focus on your objective. The best all round binoculars are 7x50. That gives you an exit pupil of 7+ which makes them better in low light. In comparison, a pair of 8x40 gives you an exit pupil of 5 and a narrower field of view. However, 7x50 binoculars are not as common as they used to be. I have a pair of Pentax 8x40 and they are great and very clear. I would look at either Nikon or Pentax. They rival binoculars that cost many times more. If you can get to a Cabelas store, they have many different brands to compare and you can find Nitrogen filled, waterproof Nikon or Pentax binoculars for a really good price.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    Steiner binocular are built to be disposed of. I had a pair of Commanders that broke twice. First time they replaced them, second time the said they were no longer warrantied. After much bitching about my lifetime warranty they sent me some reconditioned predators to shut me up.

Lesson learned buy Swarovski, Zeiss, Lecia's or other high end optics & pass them down when you no longer use them.

THIS!!!

I had a pair of Steiner 8X30 Military/Marine binoculars. When a bump knocked the barrels out of alignment, their 30 year warrantee wasn't worth jack squat. And Jack was on vacation in Vegas. I bought a pair of Lecia com acts and they've been great for over 20 years.

Screw Steiner's!!!!

Top Bottom