• ...and so much more!
  • Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Went to a funeral yesterday in Nacogdoches,TX. My Bipolar buddy was driving. Did you know that you can drive from Conroe,TX to Nacogdoches,Tx in one hour. Did you know that the Jaguar S class computer will cut your speed at 138 MPH? My life flashed before my eyes. We had a serious heart to heart talk after that about he needed to get help.
    ARJ Defense ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Went to a funeral yesterday in Nacogdoches,TX. My Bipolar buddy was driving. Did you know that you can drive from Conroe,TX to Nacogdoches,Tx in one hour. Did you know that the Jaguar S class computer will cut your speed at 138 MPH? My life flashed before my eyes. We had a serious heart to heart talk after that about he needed to get help.

Was he agitated, angry and perhaps raging?

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    He stays manic usually for a year then goes down for about two years. He just started his manic phase two months ago.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish

138? I'm sure its capable of more and probably limited because of the speed rating of the tires it came with from the factory.
    I'm sure there are Jag ECM tunes out there that could eliminate the fuel shut-off.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth

138? Maybe he's just a fun guy?! Its dangerous on the highway for sure. You might suggest he do some of the weekend racing on a track to get it out of his system in a safer environment.

There's plenty of people who just enjoy speed, but it sounds like he's got a different problem. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Friends and family with mental issues are what makes me feel normal. Bipolar, anxiety and trust issues, autism and schizophrenia if they'd just stay consistent on their meds.........

There's not really meds for Autism though - just to take care of symptoms if they're really bad. It takes tons of work teaching social skills and speaking skills that we all take for granted. I really hope my son is ready to be independent as he gets older, it's hard to tell right now since he's 5th grader.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    There's not really meds for Autism though - just to take care of symptoms if they're really bad. It takes tons of work teaching social skills and speaking skills that we all take for granted. I really hope my son is ready to be independent as he gets older, it's hard to tell right now since he's 5th grader.

Should have made it clear with meds I wasn't talking about autistic folks. I have a friend with high functioning autism in his late 30s doing well for himself and his son has functional autism and another friend with a son with severe autism.

I've learned soo much from them and how to work with different Boy Scouts with this issue.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    138? Maybe he's just a fun guy?! Its dangerous on the highway for sure. You might suggest he do some of the weekend racing on a track to get it out of his system in a safer environment.

There's plenty of people who just enjoy speed, but it sounds like he's got a different problem. I hope he gets the help he needs.

My 12 year old grandson is mildly autistic. The social skills growth is extremely slow. It's frustrating on many levels.

As far as the OP, my car is speed limited at 155!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Should have made it clear with meds I wasn't talking about autistic folks. I have a friend with high functioning autism in his late 30s doing well for himself and his son has functional autism and another friend with a son with severe autism.

I've learned soo much from them and how to work with different Boy Scouts with this issue.

I appreciate that. Every time I hear about someone with it doing well it I'm more hopeful for his future.

I've tried interesting him in Scouts even though I never did it myself. Seems like a great resource, especially for people who live in town. He's been resistant to the idea though. So I just work with him myself as much as I can - hoping we can eventually get him more engaged with other kids in some activity outside of school and not just me. I'm thinking the relationships and teamwork aspect is more valuable than just the skills I would teach him. Having all the brothers and sisters helps though.

My 12 year old grandson is mildly autistic. The social skills growth is extremely slow. It's frustrating on many levels.

As far as the OP, my car is speed limited at 155!

He went from being non-verbal to being in mainstream classes w/o an aid over the last handful of years. Only kid I know of that's in both special ed and gifted and talented classes.

Its slow progress some times, but still progress. Nothing good ever comes easy.

Top Bottom