Venture Surplus ad

Bird hunters, whats your favorite shotgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Whitesboro, TX
    I started out with a Rem 1100 in 1966. I still shoot it occasionally. Then I bought a Win SX3 last year. Great gun! But I guess my favorite is my Dad's old Belgium Browning Light Twelve Humpback that he bought in 1945. According to the serial number, it's the 23rd A5 made after Browning got their own patent but I've heard serial numbers sometimes aren't sequential.
    Guns International

sbb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S/E Texas coast
    Either my Kriegerhoff or Rizzini in 20 bore for all upland birds. Benelli Super Black or Beretta Al390 in 12 guage for waterfowl. Dove season opens in 3 weeks and 1 day.......but I'm not counting.:D

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    I think we need to schedule a hunt during the season for those of our in the same areas. When I go, it's usually down to El Campo or in the surrounding areas.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Cyfer,

What kind of bird hunting, do you go for at El Campo?

Waterfowl mainly... Geese and Ducks... And if I get lucky, I try for some Sandhill Crane, but haven't got one just yet. I need one mounted in my house...

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Got any pics you can post?

Thanks,

Pete

One of these days I will break down and buy a camera,but I don't have a digital yet.
    The gun looks great, the metal finish was pretty rough,but the wood was still in excellent cond. Had it bead blasted and parkerized black, refinished the stock and forearm, and once finished I didn't dare put them back on and take a chance of damaging them in the field,so I put a synthetic Browning A5 stock set on it. I think it looks even better now. An all matte black 1914 auto shotgun. I have always loved the humpback shotguns,but the Brownings have just got too pricey for a shooter.

Attachments

• Rem11 (2).JPG
      Rem11 (2).JPG
      19.4 KB · Views: 387
    • Rem11 (9).JPG
      Rem11 (9).JPG
      14.6 KB · Views: 181

Sly Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Hello,
    My favorite shotgun for hunting is my old Belgium Browning A-5 Light 20. It was made in 1958 (first year of production of the light 20). It has an improved choke barrel. It has never been re-finished or re-blued, and is all orginal.

a1958.Light20.png

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I'm fond of O/U. I had a brace of 101's but I sold the 12 ga. Still have the 20.

Here's the 12 ga the day I sold it. :banghead:

101-OP.gif

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I have an old Sears model 200 20ga.I have shot at least 25 geese,100 ducks and 20 turkeys so far with this one.It was a gift from my Grandfather back in the early 80s.Here she is with some of my other favorites.
    toddguninsurance004.jpg

j.r.flaco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Austin
    Favorite bird shotgun

In 12ga it would be a Rem. 870 w/Remchoke; in 20ga it would be an Ithaca 37 Lightweight w/imp. choke. As you can tell I'm fond of pump guns!

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Whats your favorite shotgun, when bird hunting?

I started out with a pump (Mossberg 600AT & Remington 870). Then I went to a Remington 11-87. Last year I got a Mossberg Silver Reserve O/U at a pretty good price, and really enjoyed shooting it. All are in 12 guage. Not sure what I going to use on opening day of Dove season this year.

How do you like that Mossberg Silver Reserve? Big 5 had one about a couple of years ago for under $400 and I almost jumped on it. The one thing I didn't like was how cheap the wood foregrip felt and looked. The action was really tight, but I figured that would loosen up with time. Needless to say, I didn't buy it, but I keep thinking about how I probably should have jumped on it, especially at that price.

Top Bottom