• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    I live on the west side of town and want to pick up some good 308 match ammo. I usually shoot black hills but cant find at a decent price on it out here. If i was back in cali i could pick up some red box for $20.00 a box. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Capitol Armory ad

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Only place I've seen it that I can remember is at Gander Mountain at 290 and Highway 6 in NW Houston. They were stocking atleast the .223 and .308 stuff last time I was in there. Blue and Red box.

malladus

Fisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    You might try a Cabelas if you have one in the area.

If not you might consider ordering it, perhaps midway usa for starters or check around as at times you can find a better deal.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Call Black Hills and ask them for the names of their dealers in this area. I have such a list in my office. Why send your biz out of state if you can find it locally?

TJ Willy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    Can someone explain the blue box, red box difference? I have a red box here that came with my rifle but I am not totally sure what it is about. Pretty new to the AR movement.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The blue box is less expensive as it's remanufactured. This ammo has worked very well for us. We use the 77gr Sierra HPBT for competition out to 300 yds. For 600 yard I handload 80gr Sierra HPBT. When the Black Hills is gone I'll start reloading the 77gr too.

Tomball Pawn & Jewelry, Competition Shooting Sports, Gander Mountain and Carters are all authorized local resellers of Black Hills.

For plinking, the cheaper Russian ammo will work just fine.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It should be noted that, even Black Hills' remanufactured ammo is just as good as most other brands new/first quality ammo. Their stuff is excellent quality.

Top Bottom