• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Damage control mode. They can still go broke. Screw 'em. Bro-Vet shenanigans were cool in the beginning, but they played the 2A community for chumps, and repeatedly get caught shitting on us. They donated to Obama - can't take that back, and their shifting story about it smells worse than my lab's crap after he's eaten something he's not supposed to. Now they're saying the NYT twisted their words, but in a follow up that Hafer did on Instagram (why Instagram I don't know) he was in damage control mode.

If he wants BRCC to be Bro-Vet Starbucks, whatever. He should stick to his principles and be open about them, instead of shitting on his customer base and lying about the past. A lot of vets go Dem, whatever. Their right. Also our right not to patronize them and laugh when indeed, they get woke, go broke.
    The problem with assholes like this is that they 'poison the well''; causing not only general discord, but making it that much more difficult for "the real thing" to get general acceptance and support when they come around...My previously expressed sentiment stands.
    DK Firearms

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Not picking on you for what follows
    .. the 2A community..
    It’s pretty fûcking arrogant for anybody think they have a lock on “the 2A community”. Just look at the NRA, Pink Pistols, or 4-H Shooting Sports; it’s a pretty wide fûcking cross-section neé intersection of beliefs and philosophies that make up “the 2A community.”

I kind of humbled myself thinking about this in a much broader context today.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If you make a statement about a specific ideology or beliefs about something, or make known things you support or are against, it is going to alienated a certain group of demographics.

When you go crawfishing, or back-pedaling on those opinions, beliefs or support because it pissed off certain groups of people, then it alienates even more people and gets you labeled a hypocrite. People tend to lose respect for a company or a person when they preach one thing, but do something opposite, then try and justify, or explain their reasons when the news comes out.

Bottom line is it usually doesn't end well.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    If you make a statement about a specific ideology or beliefs about something, or make known things you support or are against, it is going to alienated a certain group of demographics.

When you go crawfishing, or back-pedaling on those opinions, beliefs or support because it pissed off certain groups of people, then it alienates even more people and gets you labeled a hypocrite. People tend to lose respect for a company or a person when they preach one thing, but do something opposite, then try and justify, or explain their reasons when the news comes out.

Bottom line is it usually doesn't end well.

This is a big deal.

Fortunately, there's an optimal solution! Produces best results every time, guaranteed!

Quiet or vocal, just keep it fuckin' real.. If you're not comfortable where you stand on a given topic, particularly as a business owner or organization, then shut. the. ****. up. until you do. Stake your ground, whatever it may be, based on your own convictions; then it becomes easy - like finding your 'Natural Point of Aim'....just don't "bitch out", or the rest don't matter for shit.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Not picking on you for what follows

It’s pretty fûcking arrogant for anybody think they have a lock on “the 2A community”. Just look at the NRA, Pink Pistols, or 4-H Shooting Sports; it’s a pretty wide fûcking cross-section neé intersection of beliefs and philosophies that make up “the 2A community.”

I kind of humbled myself thinking about this in a much broader context today.
    Always hated that term

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I watched the first Hafer video.

He didn't address donating to the left, but did say his words were 'taken out of context' by the nyt.

The 'context' remark is one favored by anyone (usally a politician) who is 'crawfishing' like crazy.

Now, he claims he didn't insult his customer base of conservatives...maybe..., but I would still like to know if he and his colleagues donate to the political left.

He claims to be a Conservative.

If so, why would he (and maybe he didn't) donate to the left?

Or, is this donating story a hit job on the BRCC?

Color me unsure...

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Sometimes, the really smart thing to do if you are running a company and trying to make money, is to keep some of your opinions and viewpoints to yourself. lest you alienate a group of people because of those viewpoints.

I had small biz for many years, nothing like a national corp, but the cardinal rule was always to be apolitical.

AgedWarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2021
    Lamb County, TX
    It’s called marketing. They know the following of the so called “Black rifle” and that makes them wealthy. Do they really care about or like black rifles? Apparently Not. I never cared for them just for the name alone. I think it’s lame.
    Businesses are always looking for a way to tap into cultural bias and likes…these guys (BRCC) are just a good example of that. It is marketing.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I went into the Air Force in 1971. Had multiple range outings with M16, and later on M9. Also trained to fire M60 and M2…and I was just in aircraft maintenance…mostly. Got some air time in AC-130 too; some sweet guns there!

My dad went into the Air Force in 1981, as an aircraft mechanic. He said he qual'd on the M16, the 1911, and later the M9 but his units didn't qual that often, he said sometimes they even skipped annual qualifications.

His first duty station was Bergstrom, he also spent a few years in Okinawa, Alaska, and finished his career out in Oregon.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Common practice among large corps, and rich folk, has been in the past to donate to all political parties. A practice I never liked, same as most people.

But it would seem to me that if picking a political side, say conservatism, for marketing purposes, one would want to stay on that side, in that lane. To do otherwise is suicide.

Top Bottom