• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I went into the Air Force in 57 and was at the rifle range 0ne time only and fired the M1 Carbine only.
    The rest of the tour I never fired any thing or got close to any firearms.

You were in the wrong career field man. In the AF Security Police, I carried an M16, sometimes with a M203 attached, and an M60 every day I was on duty.
    Target Sports

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I first joined the AF in 92 and spent most of my career in very Army looking units or on Army installations. Since then, various qualifications on:
    M16/M4 variants
    GAU-5
    M9
    M79
    M203
    M60
    M249
    M2
    Mk-19

I’ve also dropped 81mm and 120mm mortar shells, pulled cord on the 105 and 155 tubes, ran the cadillacs on an M1A1 and put rounds downrange with the Stryker MGS.
    I envy you even though I have no idea what all the M#s mean. I am sure they are great fun.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I first joined the AF in 92 and spent most of my career in very Army looking units or on Army installations. Since then, various qualifications on:
    M16/M4 variants
    GAU-5
    M9
    M79
    M203
    M60
    M249
    M2
    Mk-19

I’ve also dropped 81mm and 120mm mortar shells, pulled cord on the 105 and 155 tubes, ran the cadillacs on an M1A1 and put rounds downrange with the Stryker MGS.

Were you Pararescue, Security Forces / Security Police, or some sort of super secret squirrel Ninja Airman?

66vette

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2019
    U.S.A.
    It's all about the almighty $$$.

Fredy Riehl - Editor-In-Chief & Owner - AmmoLand.com made a public statement in early 2017 the he voted for Hitlery so he could make more $$$$ selling guns & ammo.
    He has gotten so many FU comments (and worse) & he still defends his choice.

99% of people use the gun industry to their personal benefit.
    It's always about the $$$.
    Movie biz, music biz, most manufacturers, most sellers, online stores (the worst), etc.
    Prime past examples are Ruger, S&W, Remington, Bushmaster & a boat load of others.

I recently wanted to buy a barrel from Green Mountain rifle barrels.
    I asked Ray Shaw (plant manager) a simple question about shipping & he showed his true colors.
    Told me "I'm not dealing with you" (& other expletives) & hung up.
    Glad I never spent a dime with them freaks.

How many times to people need to be stabbed in the back before they wake up ?
    If I'm looking for a new gun I'll just buy a nice used one so the makers don't profit from me.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    M16/M4 variants
    GAU-5
    M9
    M79
    M203
    M60
    M249
    M2
    Mk-19

This one post will keep me occupied with google for hours. I already know I want a GAU-5 lmao.

You’ve had your hands on some cool weapons.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Did you wind up attending Ranger School while you were at it?

No. There were fewer than 240 airmen who had completed Ranger when I competed for at large AF slots. Most were SecFo with what used to be the 820th SFG, now 820th BDG, believe it or not. During most of my time TACP either had to be assigned to the 17th STS/17th ASOS, which is aligned to 75th Rangers, one of the ASOF or STS units, or compete with your aligned Army unit for one of their slots.

Today there is a total of about 400 airmen who have ever earned the tab. Here’s a decent public release on the 17th which always has the single largest concentration of Ranger qualified airmen in any AF unit.

On a side note, my son is a Ranger qualified infantry officer.

I did get to do some unique and interesting stuff in support of USSS during a selectively manned assignment though.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Fredy Riehl - Editor-In-Chief & Owner - AmmoLand.com made a public statement in early 2017 the he voted for Hitlery so he could make more $$$$ selling guns & ammo.

Movie biz, music biz, most manufacturers, most sellers, online stores (the worst), etc.
    Prime past examples are Ruger, S&W, Remington, Bushmaster & a boat load of others.

I asked Ray Shaw (plant manager) a simple question about shipping & he showed his true colors.

If I'm looking for a new gun I'll just buy a nice used one so the makers don't profit from me.
    What was the shipping question?

Was it something along the lines of:
    "will you ship to my state even though it is a banned item?"

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

I have literally said every gun store owner and manufacturer secretly (or not so secretly) votes democrat because they get rich when democrats are in power. Obama was the best gun salesman in history, Biden and Harris may beat his records (along with COVID helping. I expect an AWB on the table after the first "mass shooting" after January and all sorts of other bullshit after that.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics