Capitol Armory ad

Black Rifle Disease... Looks Like I Picked Up a New Strain!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    My doctor, wife (and arthritic shoulders) finally convinced me to give up my more robust rifles... anything with more push than a .223 leaves me unable to use my right arm, for much more than lifting a fork, for a time after that, so just before Christmas I went horse-trading and came home with this:

Sig556R.gif

Sig556L.gif

This one is a SIG 556 ER.

16" barrel, gas piston action, generally over-priced, but I found this one with a good price and made a good trade.

It's 5.56 of course, uses USGI M16 magazines, but came with two Sig poly mags that clip together. Standard AR butt-stock compatible, the collapsible on it now is OK.

The hand-guards have lots of rails, if you like that, but I think it'll need some standard Sig 551 guards (the rifle this one is based on).

Good trigger, with folding iron sights, the cheapy dot sight was part of the deal, along with the factory case, and papers.

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    You know that there is no known cure for this new disease you have. You are now permanently infected and this will only grow stronger in you, not weaker as time passes.

Congrats on a nice rig.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    I was absolutely NEVER going to buy any sort of an AR, then a friend of mine let me shoot his...

Now I have a safe full.

God bless Eugene Stoner!

wookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    San Antonio
    Sweet. I caught the disease. I never was that interested in rifles...then bam tactial rifle disease or TRD as it is know (lol). My TRD also ended (or began?) with the sig. 556 (just got it a couple of weeks ago).

Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    pardon my ignorance but what does black rifle mean? I have heard the term but haven't heard a definition.

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    I think Black Rifle is a term applied to most ARs, FALs, HKs etc, and I suspect any definition would be very loose!

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    That is one great looking rifle.Been looking for one of those for a while.Seem's that when I find one I do not have the money and then a week later when I get the money it is gone.

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    Sweet. I caught the disease. I never was that interested in rifles...then bam tactial rifle disease or TRD as it is know (lol). My TRD also ended (or began?) with the sig. 556 (just got it a couple of weeks ago).

Trust me, Bubba, this is not the end of the dissease. Buying a nice rifle is like putting lotion on poison ivy. Feels good, and you think its over, but it doesn't last long. So you buy another upper planning to use the same lower for both uppers. Well, that proves to be too much trouble, so you get another lower just for that upper, and on and on. Then you need another caliber or a mid length vs a carbine. Its incurable, I tell ya.

byronw999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Grand Prairie, Texas USA!
    Hehehe... Yea I know what ya mean... I started with a store bought Bushy... Now I'm rolling my own.. Cant seem to stop...So many calibers/configurations, so little time...Here's my 1st build I did last week.. A 10.5" SBR... Played hooky yesterday afternoon to go shoot it... shoots SWEET

Attachments

• 100_0974.jpg
      100_0974.jpg
      66.3 KB · Views: 463

QBToo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    Dallas, TX (North Carrollton)
    Well I caught the rifle disease also. For a zillion years I've strictly been a pistol person and had up to maybe 15+ of them at any given time and ZERO rifles. Over the last year I've sold all but 4 of my pistols and purchased rifles and a couple of DSA B&T TP9 pistols (which of course are not your conventional "pistol").

I have what I consider a nice collection of rifles...Winchester 9410 lever action .410 Packer and Packer Compact, FNH PS90 5.7x28mm ODG and Black, FNH FS2000 5.56/.223 ODG and Black, Browning BL-22 SS Grade II .22LR, Beretta CX4 9mm.

I find myself wanting MORE rifles but will wait until the panic buying stops. Will probably look at an AXR since bullpups are my favorite and maybe an FNH Scar-L.

Yep, I've got it bad too..........all stocked up on ammo and decked out with plenty of mags, new Aimpoint H-1 optics, slings, etc and no time to go shooting!!!! :mad:

XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    You know that there is no known cure for this new disease you have. You are now permanently infected and this will only grow stronger in you, not weaker as time passes.

Congrats on a nice rig.
    I know, I just has a relapse an bought 4 30 round ar mags online a few minutes ago.

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    I know, I just has a relapse an bought 4 30 round ar mags online a few minutes ago.

Thanks for sharing, now you know the rules that you must tell us where you bought those mags and what you paid for them. That's a rule for online posting of info or at least it aught to be.

mcss383

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Highlands, TX
    So you buy another upper planning to use the same lower for both uppers. Well, that proves to be too much trouble, so you get another lower just for that upper, and on and on. Then you need another caliber or a mid length vs a carbine. Its incurable, I tell ya.

Truer words have never been spoken! I have 3 uppers and 4 lowers. The only reason I don't have more uppers is because my attention has drifted to other guns temporarily.

Scratch that, I also have an unbuilt LR308 lower now, so make that 5 lowers and 3 uppers. haha

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    That is one great looking rifle.Been looking for one of those for a while.Seem's that when I find one I do not have the money and then a week later when I get the money it is gone.

That is the way it used to be, now when you finally get the money, the price went a little further up.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    My doctor, wife (and arthritic shoulders) finally convinced me to give up my more robust rifles... anything with more push than a .223 leaves me unable to use my right arm, for much more than lifting a fork, for a time after that, so just before Christmas I went horse-trading and came home with this:

Sig556R.gif

Sig556L.gif

This one is a SIG 556 ER.

16" barrel, gas piston action, generally over-priced, but I found this one with a good price and made a good trade.

It's 5.56 of course, uses USGI M16 magazines, but came with two Sig poly mags that clip together. Standard AR butt-stock compatible, the collapsible on it now is OK.

The hand-guards have lots of rails, if you like that, but I think it'll need some standard Sig 551 guards (the rifle this one is based on).

Good trigger, with folding iron sights, the cheapy dot sight was part of the deal, along with the factory case, and papers.

9X19

That is one handsome rifle. Had I seen that three days ago I would not have brought home my first AR.....a Bushmaster M4 Carbine with an A1 upper. Nothing fancy but my first. I plan on taking it to the range this weekend with my tricked out SKS and have some fun. Here they are:

BUSHAR15L.gif

sksmodified1.jpg

tex45acp

Top Bottom