Texas SOT

Black Rifle Disease... Looks Like I Picked Up a New Strain!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    This is a bad season for viruses and bugs. I caught a new strain of brd myself. Looks like this:

RugerTactical.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    You got that right... with all the mandatory overtime I've had to work these past months, my resistance is shot!

BMORC.gif

jracca

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    DFW
    I got the same rifle this past saturday. I saw it Friday morning for a decent (only slightly overpriced) price at Academy. I waffled and went back in the afternoon and it was gone.

Went to the gun show Saturday in Mesquite. Then drove to 3 academy stores in the area and found the Sig 556. Bought it and brought it home.
    With 20 factory sig magazines.

Now I think I need to sell my bushmaster (impulse buy I've never even shot) Fear not I have other AR projects in process.

Just when I thought I was satisfied I bought 20 AR mags today.
    (I might be a magazine collector - not glossy )

I need help, :1zhelp:

markfh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Houston
    I got the EBR disease as well. Fortunately I'm done collecting the ones I really wanted and am now just getting extra. You never know what's coming down the road with this new administration.

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    Rapido,
    Is that a Millett DMS and an Aimpoint on your ARs? IF not, let us know what kind of optics they are, and how do you like each of them? I hear a lot about the Millett but don't know if I want one or not.

Rapido

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Hillsboro
    Rapido,
    Is that a Millett DMS and an Aimpoint on your ARs? IF not, let us know what kind of optics they are, and how do you like each of them? I hear a lot about the Millett but don't know if I want one or not.

Yes the top picture is a Millet DM-1 (Generation 2). I really like the DMS, it has good eye relief and if you mount it far enough forward (with a scout or extended rail) you can co-witness with your iron sights. I like the magnigication on the DMS (1x4) and the illuminated donut reticle is cool for low light shooting.

The other Optic is not an Ainpoint; it is a Tasco 1x32 ProPoint. I have an Aimpoint on another rifle and Ipicked one of these up after playing with one at the range. It is pretty rugged and seems to hold up to aggressive handling (I've dropped it a couple of times ;)) For the $$ money it is a good sub for an Aimpoint.

Here are some links from SWFA; a Texas Company
    (Good Customer Service and No I don't work for them)

Tasco 1x32 ProPoint 30mm Sight

Millett 1-4x24 DMS Tactical 30mm Riflescope

Wayne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Copperas Cove
    Yep, I feel you guys. I've had a strain of BRD known as Garanditis. Buy since my neck surgery I've had to back off shooting those. Sooo I saved and finally had to have another AR 15. This is a Essential Arms lower with a Model 1 Sales upper with the Shaw barrel. Haven't even fired or zeroed it yet.
    EAAR15.jpg

markfh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Houston
    I was thinking about getting the 5.7×28mm upper but I just can't convince myself to have another caliber to buy. Might have to just because.

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    I was thinking about getting the 5.7×28mm upper but I just can't convince myself to have another caliber to buy. Might have to just because.

That's another that I crave, since I already have 2 other weapons chambered in 5.7, and have over 4K rounds on hand.

markfh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Houston
    Well, I was going to pick up a 5.7×28mm upper when I stumbled upon a NIB IMI Uzi model A for a really reasonable price. I guess I'll have to wait just a little longer to get that new upper. Oh well... maybe later this week...

mcss383

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Highlands, TX
    Now I am debating between the Les Baer and J&T 6.5 Grendel upper. Grr, it never ends!

Already placed a backorder through Midway for 3 - 6.5 mags. If I do get one, it should go nicely with the 50 Beowulf.

markfh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Houston
    If you're looking for one I'll be visiting a friend tomorrow that just bought one. He's trying to get me to buy one even though he knows I just bought the Uzi.

I'll find out where he got it and let you know.

Top Bottom