• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Wouldn't swear but think I read on Taurus.armed that it would not fit. Might got to that web site and see what the Taurus gurus have to say. My PT1911B fits just right in the Serpa and doubt the rail would go into it at all. Good luck

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    From what I remember, I believe Blackhawk also makes the Serpa's for railed 1911's as well, which I'm sure would work.

19dsdm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    ROYSE CITY
    i have worn a drop holster all day everyday for a year.. a single drop strap sucks... it wears on your hip, it hurts after a while, i actually bought a belt holster so after missions i could drop my drop holster all the way off of my hip.. the serpa iS great.. I can still use my pocket and it disperses the pain off of my hip.... wont go back without a serpa.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I would advise against the Serpa holsters. While they are pretty quick to draw from (with practice), I have seen too many get locked up due to a little dirt/sand in the release button. My last unit issued the Serpa to the guys carrying the M9/M11, it didn't last long till we pulled the Serpa.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    A level 2 retention holster isn't a quick draw holster. If you want speed, stay with level 1 holsters.

The Serpa is not a true level 2 holster.

Open with no retention= level 0

Single point of retention (button or snap)= level 1

Two points of retention (usually snap or button AND twist or cant of gun) level 2

3 points of retention, (usually two devices to defeat and twist or cant of gun) level 3

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    well let me rephrase what I meant. I wanted a stream line holster like I bought. I already have a drop leg for my cz-52, but I dont like it all the time. It twists and turn my pant leg no matter how tight or loose it is. Especially if its hot outside.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    well let me rephrase what I meant. I wanted a stream line holster like I bought. I already have a drop leg for my cz-52, but I dont like it all the time. It twists and turn my pant leg no matter how tight or loose it is. Especially if its hot outside.

In what capacity will you be using the holster?

Top Bottom