• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Blade Runner was one of my favorites, but I don't go to the movies often, so more than likely I'll wait until it comes to Amazon and rent it.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Blade Runner was one of my favorites, but I don't go to the movies often, so more than likely I'll wait until it comes to Amazon and rent it.
    Same with me except Netflix. I never go to theaters any more.

I own a DVD of the original and I put it solidly on my lifetime top 10.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I don't go to theaters either.
    Big screen, surround sound, my own recliner, ability to pause, what else would one want....

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    There are several versions of the original....iirc the director's cut is the best and added deleted scenes back in. There are also 3 short films on youtube that fill in the timeline between the original and this one...2029...2039...2048.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    The funny thing was that the original had mediocre at best box office receipts - and then went bonkers when released outside the theaters. I've also heard that 2049 has gotten pretty good reviews. I'll need to see the original - or the director's cut - again and will try to see the new one.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Can't wait to see it...loved the original, which I think I'll watch again prior to seeing the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Been looking for this thread. The wife and I went two nights ago so here is my review. It’s good, it’s troubling , it’s Very long. You don’t have to see the old one to enjoy the new one. But it might not be a bad idea.

Just keep in mind that Replicants are 100% bio engineered organic. They are not androids or mechanical in any way.

The hologram is very sweet. But then she is designed to be.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Been looking for this thread. The wife and I went two nights ago so here is my review. It’s good, it’s troubling , it’s Very long. You don’t have to see the old one to enjoy the new one. But it might not be a bad idea.

Just keep in mind that Replicants are 100% bio engineered organic. They are not androids or mechanical in any way.

The hologram is very sweet. But then she is designed to be.

Sweet as in HOT, or as in nice?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    My wife and I went on Friday, it is long but I wouldn't say it's slow. It is not the typical modern day sci-fi with a ton of CGI-created action, it's definitely has a plot that needs to be followed. It's obviously more of a thinker's movie than someone who prefers brainless action and special effects.

We both found it to be an excellent film, it answers some (but not all!) questions from the original then adds more to the mix. Gosling did an excellent job in his role as did Harrison Ford and most of the cast. It does help to know what happened in the original but I explained it to the wife during lunch prior and she was able to follow along. What is interesting has been the number of conversations we've had about it since, even my son (who has yet to see it) and I talked about it in depth over breakfast yesterday. It is that great of a movie. I honestly think it is one of the best films I have seen in a long time, and I watch a lot of flicks on trans-oceanic flights.

I also think it needs to be seen on the big screen. The special effects--which do a great job of supporting the story line line without overshadowing it like most movies these days--and soundtrack are made for the theater, although I will admit it was difficult to follow some of the quieter dialogue but that may be my deteriorating hearing. But anyone who is even remotely a fan of the original should see this movie in a theater. In fact, we will probably go see it again in a few weeks...

But yes, it is long (2 hrs 45 min) and anyone who isn't remotely familiar with the original won't understand it as well. Plus there is a 30-year gap between the two that some aspects of which don't get fully explained. Still, it's a must-see and easily the best movie of 2017!

Cheers! M2

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Sean Young was exquisite, and never looked better than she did in the original...so Ana De Armas has some pretty big shoes to fill.

20110821-074909.jpg

Top Bottom