• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Mark Kermode--an English television and film critic, and huge Blade Runner fan--does an excellent job comparing the two movies--to include the topic Ben and I are discussing--without any spoilers...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's not really relevant to the story if Deckard is a replicant or not. There was one line in 2049 that tries to make it relevant, but I still don't think it matters overall. The only character in the universe it would have mattered to got his head squished.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I've read the book at least three times, and the last time I paid close attention specifically to the Deckard question. I firmly believe (in the book) he was human all the way, and a sad human at that. Ridley Scott "interpreted" the book (as most Directors do) , left out half the story (Mercer) and asked a different question about "humanity". I enjoy Scott's vision, but it is not quite the same as Dick.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Even rewatching the Director's Cut, it appears for all intents and purposes that Deckard is human. In fact, given the main plot of 2049, he would have to be. Scott could be simply "stirring the pot" in posing the possibly of Deckard being a replicant, but in 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' it doesn't allude to that.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    BR 2049 is now on HBO. I dvr-ed it. I had seen the original & director's cut. After watching 49 minutes of excessive sound volume changes, unimpressive special effects, long segments of no action - just showing the stark, sci-fi scenery & a plot that I couldn't make myself care about - I deleted the movie.

Top Bottom