• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    What was their reason for not honoring it?
    I had the same model and year, but they said my VIN was not included. The same part failed just as in the recall, so they knew it was a defective part, but refused to acknowledge it. It would have cost them very little to fix it, but their condescending attitude lost me as a customer forever. And this was not the dealer, but Chevrolet Regional office.
    Texas SOT

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I don't think they actually realize how much business they lose when they pull a stunt like that, especially if it was in a smaller community. People in Kerr County know exactly who to go to for service and who to avoid.

davis449

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    You sir, are correct. New body style; 4% of Chevy/GM combined sales in 94 were for that option; Most were DoD B-fleet vehicles.

The K5s last year was 91. I just find it easier to describe as a K5 diesel than a 94 Blazer SL(whatever) with the shifter on the column and the 2WD/4H/4L selector (transfer case) on the floor.
    The K5's last year was 1994 as Chevrolet continued to produce the K5 blazer on the GMT 400 platform (GMT 410, 415, or 420 platform variant, depending on who you ask, but it seems 410 from 1992-1995 and 415 from 1996-1999) as the "Blazer". It had many names, internally and externally, such as C1500 (2WD) K1500 (4WD), K5, and K5 III. At the same time GMC sold the identical Yukon\Yukon GT 2 door from 1991 (as a 1992 model) through 1996. All of the 1992-1995 2-Door Tahoe's\Yukon's were even equipped with the same L05 5.7L V8 from the previous K5's whose production ended in 1991, albeit with an increase in power. The Tahoe name was given to the K5 III in 1995 and sold through 1999. 2 Door Yukons stopped production in 1996. From 1996-1999 the Vortec 5.7L replaced the L05. So, technically, the K5 lived on until 1999.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Blazer caused my sister to divorce her husband.

Johnny had a K5, 78 IIRC and he liked to spend time and money on it...and he DID! But if he bought something for his Blazer that cost a $1000 bucks he just told my sister it only cost a $100

Then one weekend that he was gone mudding down in the bottoms around Dallas my sister decides to do some closet cleaning, get it organized, take some stuff to Goodwill etc. There she finds a shoebox in the back of his closet. It has ALL the receipts for the work done on the K5. She adds it up, it comes to over $88,000 bucks, this was back in 1980.

Sis, is LIVID to say the least. To appease her he takes a week off from work and they head to Colorado for a week to patch things up.

They arrive early and the hotel tells them they cannot check till 2 pm. Johnny has been up there several times with out her and gone with his off road buddies. So he says there is a trail that is real scenic I will take you on only take about an hour and then we can check in.

They get to the trailhead, he gets out and locks his front wheels, lets some air out of the tires and does some prep. Its cold so he has left it running to Sis warm. He gets in pulls forward and the engine stalls. He is running a Holley 850 double pumper atop a 454 built and putting out about 600 hp. Engine tries to start, and he keeps pumping the go pedal when suddenly there is a WWHOOOP and flames are EVERYWHERE. Sis jumps out with her purse and the camera she had in her hand to takes pic. He has his wallet and stuff in the center console so he does not lose it while off roading and crawling under the truck which must set 2 feet off the ground if not higher.

Sis yells...GET THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER! He says he does not have one. She YELLS you have spent almost $100,000 on that (_&(*)& truck and you don't have one?

She take a few pics, and they stand there in the cold and watch $100k plus the cost of the K5 burn to the ground.

Finally a truck shows up to run the trail and takes them into town.

Sis has her purse, and he has NOTHING and she tells him that is HIS problem, she is going to the airport and flying back to Dallas NOW and he can do what the hell he wants. And when she get there she is going over to the Mall and replace everything she lost as all their stuff was still in the K5 because they had not checked in yet.

She was not there when he got back, whenever that was, the Blazer went to a bone yard in Co and someway some how he found his was back to find divorce papers.

Top Bottom