• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Finally retrieved some skulls that I'd been waiting on nature to take its course with. Got the rest of the gunk off of them, then soaked them in 1/3 bleach & 2/3 water.They turned out pretty good I think. It sux the bottom jaw of the hog got taken away by some critter.

Coon, fox & hog

20210701_110617.jpg
    Texas SOT

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Cool. Gonna mount them in your man-cave?

Wait, you do have a man-cave, don't you?

Yep, got a mancave/gun room/deer stand...lol.

They look really nice, good job. Can I hire you for my next one?

I set mine under a bucket, in a ant pile & stick a large paver stone on top. Wait about 2 months, hit em with the water hose, then take a wire brush to them to get any meaty stuff off. Then fill bucket with bleach & water, let em soak for a couple days. Then hit em with the water hose to wash em clean. Be careful because the teeth can fall out pretty easily. I ran loctite super glue on mine.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yep, got a mancave/gun room/deer stand...lol.

I set mine under a bucket, in a ant pile & stick a large paver stone on top. Wait about 2 months, hit em with the water hose, then take a wire brush to them to get any meaty stuff off. Then fill bucket with bleach & water, let em soak for a couple days. Then hit em with the water hose to wash em clean. Be careful because the teeth can fall out pretty easily. I ran loctite super glue on mine.
    I have seen them put on roofs to sun bleach too!

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Those are all central Texas whitetails from Williamson county close to the Milam county line. All harvested on a low fenced 70 some odd acre ranch. The one on the far right weighed 165lbs before dressing.

The one on the left has some awesome G1's. I hope to get some like that at my place. I started them on protein at the beginning of the year, can't wait to see what happens the next few years.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I got three buckets out back in the sun with some bobcat skulls in them. I found a dude on YT who suggested trying out maceration

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The one on the left has some awesome G1's. I hope to get some like that at my place. I started them on protein at the beginning of the year, can't wait to see what happens the next few years.
    I can tell you they never happened at Ralph’s place! Then again it’s harder to shoot from the road at your place!

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I can tell you they never happened at Ralph’s place! Then again it’s harder to shoot from the road at your place!

I'm sure they'll roam, but I am fortunate to have that land locked piece of land behind me...it's like a sanctuary for them to feel safe. I don't even take the buggy to the trail in the back anymore. I park it, then walk in. I think that's why I've been seeing more bucks lately. I try to leave the back undisturbed. I do need to take the tractor back there & mow. It's starting to look like a jungle with all the rain.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm sure they'll roam, but I am fortunate to have that land locked piece of land behind me...it's like a sanctuary for them to feel safe. I don't even take the buggy to the trail in the back anymore. I park it, then walk in. I think that's why I've been seeing more bucks lately. I try to leave the back undisturbed. I do need to take the tractor back there & mow. It's starting to look like a jungle with all the rain.
    Ralph's on 350 acres currently with no hunting for years. a total sanctuary! His old place was way off the road. No power lines going in. Landlock with a huge tract, no great big bucks. His old place was were I seen the mountain lion tracks & heard it. Not real far from his current place.

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Ralph's on 350 acres currently with no hunting for years. a total sanctuary! His old place was way off the road. No power lines going in. Landlock with a huge tract, no great big bucks. His old place was were I seen the mountain lion tracks & heard it. Not real far from his current place.

Sounds like hog heaven... along with some deer.

Top Bottom