• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    jordanmills,
    It's a great way to keep down evidence of polling site mismanagement.

jordanmills,

FYI, there have been 2-3 times during my years as an Election Official that I wished that someone (perhaps a Poll Watcher) could have used a camera with audio to record "misbehavior" inside the polling area.
    (In 2012 at about 1030 hours, a local DIMocRAT "activist" entered our polling place & started SCREAMING obscenities at my Alternate Judge & then threatened to "F**k you up, B***H" & then "If I have to go to my truck, you'll be REALLY SORRY that you bothered me.". = He stated that he was ANGRY that Ellie had asked to see his TDL or Voter Registration Certificate, as is required by Texas Law. ===> We were on the premises of a Middle School & the situation quickly ENDED when a LEO from the ISD arrived & told the man that, "You can leave the polls, go to jail or to the ER. Pick ONE." = The "screamer" chose to leave the school & then called the Secretary of State's Office to complain that "his feelings were hurt by being asked for identification".)

ADDENDA: I later found out that the "Screaming man" had a .30-30 Marlin rifle in his PU. Since it was NOT on ISD property, NOTHING was done about his possession of a firearm.
    Note: The ISD police officer had been called by a school secretary, when she heard the VULGAR SCREAMING out in the hallway.

yours, satx

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    rotor,

As a PRESIDING JUDGE I could care less if you have a concealed handgun (except of course at a school or courthouse or other sort of place, where carrying a handgun is PROHIBITED by LAW) but having a functioning phone or a camera is NOT allowed at the polls & is PROHIBITED.

Note: I am ALLOWED to carry a concealed handgun at the polls by DIRECTION of the TX Attorney General. - So far & HOPEFULLY forever being AT the polls is NOT hazardous enough to make me believe that I NEED to be armed to do my job.
    (Fwiw, one of my EOs is a former offensive tackle for PVA&MU & NOBODY that I've met really wants to confront him OR to "cause trouble" at the polls.)

yours, satx
    My understanding was you couldn't use a cell phone at the booth, not that it had to be turned off. I didn't use my cell phone, it remained on my belt loop and I didn't answer. So I guess I was legal, nobody said anything.

Cell Phones and Other Wireless Communication Devices
    Persons are not allowed to use wireless communications devices within 100 feet of the voting stations. Additionally, persons are not allowed to use mechanical or electronic devices to record sound or images within 100 feet of the voting stations. Tex. Elec. Code §§ 61.014(a), 81.002.

46.03 it is illegal for the public to bring a handgun into a polling place. Election judges can carry.

Thankyou for your service at the polls. Just got an email from GOA asking for volunteer poll watchers. A little late to send this out in my case.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I did not need notes for this election.

I looked them over and it was going to be an All R ticket again.

It was just a bit slower this time as I had to select each person lol

Top Bottom