• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Did I hear something on the radio about a federal judge saying masks would be required for voting? I caught the tail end of it, but I was pissed a federal judge was dabbling with Texas elections.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Did I hear something on the radio about a federal judge saying masks would be required for voting? I caught the tail end of it, but I was pissed a federal judge was dabbling with Texas elections.

No, but if there's anything to that, you might be hearing about me on the news in a day or two.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

Apparently there is something to it.

A federal judge ruled that Texas’s mask mandate must be applied to polling places, invalidating an order from the state's Gov. Greg Abbott that set out an exception.

The exception is part of the mask order. So does that mean that the whole order is invalidated?

But wait, there's more. Not long after that...

On Wednesday, the three-judge appellate panel stopped, at least for now, a district judge's Tuesday ruling that invalidated an exemption for polling places included in Gov. Greg Abbott's statewide mask mandate. The panel granted what's known as an administrative stay, [...]

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    That cockholster was a marine, appointed to a previous bench by Gov Perry, and appointed to his current bench by President Trump. WTF.

Before I pass judgment and write him off, I want to see his reasoning and his other rulings, but at first blush I must say you summarized my thoughts rather succinctly.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    My mother just voted and texted asking why Black Lives Matter masks were being allowed to be worn in the poling place, but other political messages were not. She said the election officials played dumb as to a mask with "BLM" being a political message.

Anyone else see this kind of thing?

WHY?

White liberals let some people THINK they have this power. Without them this would not happen. Look at the protests in philadelphia pa it was a 100% good shoot

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    WHY?

White liberals let some people THINK they have this power. Without them this would not happen. Look at the protests in philadelphia pa it was a 100% good shoot

Phoenix, you state that as if you are thinking or believing these idiots actually need a reason to riot and loot. Or as the MSM calls it, "peaceful protesting".

They don't even wait for any investigations, or an initial report, or even before the dead body is cold anymore. They don't care one iota whether the shooting was justified or not.

This hasn't been about protesting in a very long time now, but about anarchy and chaos. Thinking anything else is foolish.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Biden shirt at the polls is illegal. BLM, NRA, GOA, probably all legal. I still don't know why I can't carry my concealed handgun at the polls. Even worse, a spammer called me while I was voting, I looked at the judge and shrugged my shoulders.

rotor,

As a PRESIDING JUDGE I could care less if you have a concealed handgun (except of course at a school or courthouse or other sort of place, where carrying a handgun is PROHIBITED by LAW) but having a functioning phone or a camera is NOT allowed at the polls & is PROHIBITED.

Note: I am ALLOWED to carry a concealed handgun at the polls by DIRECTION of the TX Attorney General. - So far & HOPEFULLY forever being AT the polls is NOT hazardous enough to make me believe that I NEED to be armed to do my job.
    (Fwiw, one of my EOs is a former offensive tackle for PVA&MU & NOBODY that I've met really wants to confront him OR to "cause trouble" at the polls.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    My mother just voted and texted asking why Black Lives Matter masks were being allowed to be worn in the poling place, but other political messages were not. She said the election officials played dumb as to a mask with "BLM" being a political message.

Anyone else see this kind of thing?

When i voted here in Hunt County there were tons if people wearing Trump paraphernalia. No one said anything to them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    So, I only found that one "may not use" an electronic device within 100ft of polling area.
    I don't see where it couldn't be on my person.
    Hopefully someone can show me the actual ruling.

ZX9RCAM,

ANY qualified Election Officer should be delighted to show you the law & the relevant judicial ruling.
    (A person, whether voting or NOT MAY possess a cellphone, 2-way radio or camera but MAY NOT have the device turned ON & MUST exit the polling area to actually USE the device. = Election Officers MAY use the STATE/COUNTY owned/leased cellphone for OFFICIAL BUSINESS, like asking the County Election Office if a potential voter is registered/qualified to vote.)
    In 2016/2018, I must have called the County Elections Office at least 50 times on Election Day to try to get a potential voter qualified to vote.

Otoh, Election Officers may NOT use their PERSONAL electronic devices INSIDE the polling area for any purpose.
    (For example, I habitually order pizza/Tex-Mex/Chinese food for my poll workers & the poll watchers, if any. - I therefore LEAVE the polling area to order food/drinks for the staff & have the food delivered to us.)

yours, satx

Top Bottom