• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    So many threads of late, I'm not sure where to drop this turd.

All I heard Goodell say is *I will kiss your black ASS, if you make me millions*.

Did you hear something different?

Gun Zone Deals

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    they are a lost cause/ Defund the Police is going to lose a ton of people who might have been on the fence.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    they are a lost cause/ Defund the Police is going to lose a ton of people who might have been on the fence.

I don't think that reasonable people see defunding, or dismantling the police departments is a good idea. Yes, there is most assuredly room for improvement, even reform of many LE agencies, but removing them is wrong.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    I don't think that reasonable people see defunding, or dismantling the police departments is a good idea. Yes, there is most assuredly room for improvement, even reform of many LE agencies, but removing them is wrong.

agreed... however, i wouldn’t put it past demo run cities to try and replace their depts with ones that better reflect their leftist agendas.
    that’s almost as bad as shutting down and expecting the sheriff’s dept to cover ‘em.

DavidApplegreen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2019
    Auburn, Wa
    Inconvenient facts. More whites are killed by police, proportionately, than blacks.

Obama bears great responsibility for promoting the false narrative.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883?mod=opinion_lead_pos5

the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences:
    “no significant evidence of antiblack disparity in the likelihood of being fatally shot by police,”

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.
    WHITE LIVES MATTER

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    some arew more equal.jpg

Attachments

• some arew more equal.jpg
      some arew more equal.jpg
      32.2 KB · Views: 587

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A great article (may be paywall).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-fu...-policing-11591744223?mod=opinion_featst_pos2

Written by someone who happens to be black.

The media likes to break down cops’ behavior by race, but doesn’t do the same for civilian crime.

So long as blacks are committing more than half of all murders and robberies while making up only 13% of the population, and so long as almost all of their victims are their neighbors, these communities will draw the lion’s share of police attention. Defunding the police, or making it easier to prosecute officers, will only result in more lives lost in those neighborhoods that most need protecting.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I'm selfish, NOT greedy!
    I look out for ME. (I want to keep what I have)
    You look out for you and we get along!!
    I don't want what you have, but don't mess with what I have.

That is the difference between selfish and greedy!!!

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    BLM narrative refuted again, by a black columnist

https://www.wsj.com/articles/no-police-racism-isnt-an-epidemic-11592952420?mod=hp_opin_pos_3
    Yes, paywall.

Police shootings have fallen precipitously since the 1970s. Upward of 95% of black homicides in the U.S. don’t involve law enforcement. Empirical studies have found no racial bias in police use of deadly force, and that the racial disparities that do exist stem from racial differences in criminal behavior. The problem isn’t a shortage of data but a race-based narrative that is immune to any data that challenge it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I heard on the radio that contributions to BLM get funneled through a Democrat organization that takes a large chunk off the top. Grant Stinchfield I think did the research on it. A lot goes to salaries.

I have heard and read that more than once. How factual that is, I don't know, but it sure wouldn't be a surprise to find out it's true.

Top Bottom