Join TexasGunTalk

BLM - the narrative is simply false

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by oldag, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Rhino

Rhino Well-Known

Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
  2. DoubleDuty

DoubleDuty Active Member

Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Sorry, but they aren't

3. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    LOL the Washington Post but I extended the courtesy of reading that 'story'. So its valid because it brings commerce to a halt and immediately garners signficant attention. I see... (we'll ignore the fallacies for purposes of this discussion)

So does that make other infrastructure valid 'targets' as well? Water plants? Electric power plants? Airports and air traffic control? Navigable waterways? Trains, trucking? How about schools or bus yards? All things innocent bystanders require and fund.

So in your mind its okay to disrupt and arguably harm tens or even hundreds of thousands of lives in order to gain the attention of polititians over some completely unrelated grievance?

Why stop there? Take some hostages, blow up a building, really get some attention! Reasonable rational people do not harm others to get attention or get their way. While it may be effective it is no less wrong for being so.

I'm sure that for the group that forces redress of their grievance the end justifies the means, for the rest of us, especially those who suffer harm, not so much.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one as I can't more clearly communicate harming others for personal benefit is wrong regardless of your perception of rights. Callous disregard for the unalienable rights of others in exercise of your own is wrong as well.

4. Rhino

Rhino Well-Known

Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    A week long protest in front of the county courthouse could make a speedy trial difficult, could cost you thousands of dollars in legal fees and delays, too. There's ALWAYS a reason why something shouldn't be allowed, that's my concern. That's not good enough.

Sasquatch likes this.
  5. Whistler

Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Protest in front of the courthouse, more power to you. Don't prevent other people from availing the facilities to conduct their unrelated business.

Peaceful protest just doesn't extend to violating the rights of or harming others. Everyone is free to agree, disagree, support, join or ignore. You have the right to protest, that doesn't come with any guarantee you will be successful and it certainly does not justify harming others.

A protest is simply a group attempting to convince others of their case with the hope of gaining enough support to effect change. If your case is compelling enough perhaps you'll win.

Axxe55 and Rhino like this.
  6. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie likes this.
  7. Whistler

Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I'm out boys! Cash my chips!
    :deadhorse:

8. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Protestors remind me of 'activists' - those who want to bother others to 'their' cause.

Me, I've got things to do that don't include being a giant pain in the ass of others...

Now, if you decide to cause me pain by being a violent protestor I'll get very interested, but you won't like my interest...a-hole...

9. innominate

innominate Active Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I know I'm late to the game on this. And I'm a few old fashioned's in. But has no one posted this? Does freedom of speech give you legal privilege to obstruct a passageway?

Texas 42.03
    (a) A person commits an offense if, without legal privilege or authority, he intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly:

(1) obstructs a highway, street, sidewalk, railway, waterway, elevator, aisle, hallway, entrance, or exit to which the public or a substantial group of the public has access, or any other place used for the passage of persons, vehicles, or conveyances, regardless of the means of creating the obstruction and whether the obstruction arises from his acts alone or from his acts and the acts of others;  or

(2) disobeys a reasonable request or order to move issued by a person the actor knows to be or is informed is a peace officer, a fireman, or a person with authority to control the use of the premises:

(A) to prevent obstruction of a highway or any of those areas mentioned in Subdivision (1);  or

(B) to maintain public safety by dispersing those gathered in dangerous proximity to a fire, riot, or other hazard.

(b) For purposes of this section, “obstruct” means to render impassable or to render passage unreasonably inconvenient or hazardous.

(c) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    seeker_two and Axxe55 like this.
  10. Rhino

Rhino Well-Known

Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    It is my personal view that this is a generally reasonable concern and position, but it is rather prone to be abused to quash protests that should be allowed to happen. For instance, if we all gathered together to PEACEFULLY protest related to our weapons, and some antifa type infiltrated and actually started shooting, then a bad governor could use (2)(B) of this section to harass good protestors who just happened to be in the vicinity of some provocateur.

The other situation is where a crowd gets pushed into this area - as the Dallas protestors say they were actually directed by cops onto the bridge.

This is also true of the Penal code with regards to weapons in section 46. It's too easy to justify more infringements because somebody isn't happy.

Sasquatch likes this.