• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txmarineinfantry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Pearland
    Haven't logged on in a couple of weeks, the company I work for put in a "web" filter to block offensive wbsites. How this website qualifies as offensive I'll never know. ANyone have any ideas besides changing jobs! to get around the filter?

Tom
    Gun Zone Deals

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Most smart phone work fine, but you would want an unlimited data plan. Most firewalls with content blockers have a catagories that they select. You can talk to the network admin and ask him to put this site in as an exception. Something to keep in mind is that the computer is their property and you are on their time. If I was going to talk to the network admin, I would only tell them that I like to keep up with the forum during my breaks or during lunch. You always just check at home, if all else fails.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Not necessarily. As noted, most block out categories such as "entertainment".

If this site is categorized in a restricted category then you cannot access it.

No, it's firearms.

Most of these corporate 'block lists' are subscription based and they're run by anti-gun folks.

There have been lots of non-firearm-related sites added to the list for talking about "paint guns", "squirt guns", "caulk guns", etc (the spider that parses the sites just looks for "bad words", regardless of content or context).

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    No, it's firearms.

Most of these corporate 'block lists' are subscription based and they're run by anti-gun folks.

There have been lots of non-firearm-related sites added to the list for talking about "paint guns", "squirt guns", "caulk guns", etc (the spider that parses the sites just looks for "bad words", regardless of content or context).

I am afraid you don't know anything unless you know what filter is being used.

We use "Websense" and it filters out this forum and one called the Dallas Digest under the same category.

So PERHAPS it is frearms related, and perhaps not.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    It falls under the weapons catagory on our filter at work. Sadly, Kirafu backpack site does also. Anything hunting related does.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    It falls under the weapons catagory on our filter at work.

My company has filters on "forums" and "weapons" but for some strange reason, TexasGunTalk sneaks through undetected...at least for now.

As for getting around the issue, I used to use an anonymizer website, but they have those blocked now too.

I agree, though, it's not worth losing your job over.

Top Bottom