• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootWhenICan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Houston
    Well, I hope the people who wrote the above are right and this was only sent to one person, having something to do with his permit.
    Hope that statement is the fact and not the letter he got.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Having recently lived in Upstate NY, I can tell you that the non-NYC New Yorkers are NOT sheep. There have been many sheriffs who have publicly stated that they would not uphold the NY SAFE act. Add to that many gun stores and average people who are organizing against it and you see what people there are trying to do.

The major issue is that NYC has more people than the rest of the state, and it tends to drag everyone else down with it. If we don't get working hard here in Texas, Houston or Dallas will wind up doing something similar.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    The major issue is that NYC has more people than the rest of the state, and it tends to drag everyone else down with it. If we don't get working hard here in Texas, Houston or Dallas will wind up doing something similar.
    I totally agree with you and would add Austin and SA to what you said. All one has to do is look at the voting map of the 2012 national election to see this. Our big metro areas are very blue: Texas - Election 2012 - NYTimes.com

ShootWhenICan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Houston
    This is a great map. Thanks for the link.
    If you click the "Change from 08" it seems like much of Texas became even more red.
    But maybe I'm misreading something.
    I agree though we have to work hard and stay active making sure our state doesn't end up like NY.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    If you click the "Change from 08" it seems like much of Texas became even more red.
    But maybe I'm misreading something.
    I believe you were reading it correctly, but before you get too excited by it, consider there are multiple explanations. One is that people converted from D to R, which is probably the least likely. More likely is that more registered R's voted in 2008 than did in 2012. I like to look at voter turnout as a % of the registered voters and it typically is shocking how few voters decide things for everyone, especially at the state and local levels.

Working against the R's in Texas are the long-term demographic shifts: Latino Populations are Growing Fastest Where We Aren?t Looking

Texas is going to be a majority latino state in the not too distant future. R's are going to have to do a much better job with latino voters if there is to be any chance of retaining a red state.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Holy smokes. That's a lot of growth. If anyone thinks the US can absorb all these people still even remotely resemble the US they are vastly mistaken.
    Your comment leads me to believe that you think the growth is moving here, perhaps even from accross the border. It is, however, mostly about birth rates of latino citizens.

Hispanics Now Majority In Texas Public Schools, Districts Assess If They Are Ready For Change
    PolitiFact Texas | George P. Bush says Texas will be majority Hispanic in six years
    Demographics - Texas In Focus
    Hispanics Set To Outnumber Texas? White Population In One Decade, Calif. In One Year « CBS Houston
    The new normal: Asians, Hispanics will soon outnumber current white majority

ShootWhenICan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Houston
    Yes, Hispanics have some more babies than Anglos, but that passes quickly by second generation.
    The truth is that many, many millions more than the fake census figure of 12 million are in the US.
    In reality there are well over 22 million illegals, perhaps close to 26 million, in the US
    (not just hispanics but people form Asia, Africa, Russia, Europe too).
    They bring over nephews, nieces, and cousins for a visit, and they don't often go back.
    Come in here as tourists and simply never take that flight back home.
    This will destroy the US as we know it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Funny, most Mexicans I know are VERY conservative in their beliefs.

There is a big difference from a generational standpoint though. The older Mexican or this who immigrated and went through the citizenship process have conservative views while the younger generations, mostly those born here, complain about the leaches while trying to find ways to leach.

I realize that doesn't apply to everyone of a particular race or nationality, just an observation from my experience working with different people.

dsukid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Amarillo
    EVERY Registration EVER results eventually in confiscation. The second I got a letter like that I would send it back with **** You in sharpie and leave the same day. (I would have never lived there in the first place).

Top Bottom