• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootWhenICan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Houston
    One last FU from Bloomberg before he moves on.
    At the same time it's not like the new mayor won't continue on the same course though.

NYC Sending Out Gun Confiscation Notices

Screen-Shot-2013-11-27-at-9.31.12-AM1.png

TruthAboutGuns

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I love the fact that he thinks he has the right to know and you have a need to prove, where the rifle will be stored out of his jurisdiction.

Honestly, I thank God everyday I wake up in Texas. They don't even have a fighting chance in a place like NY.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Un-American.

That little notice right there would ensure my demise.
    Secede my ass, we need to kick their asses out!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Un-American.

And yet the majority of NYC subjects will not even know or care about this. The one's that do hear about it and are not gun owner's will, for the most part, support it as they have had it pounded in their brains that only the government should be armed.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Those bolt action .22LR rifles are a criminal scourge I tell you.

I can't count the number of bolt action drive bys that went down last week.

**** that nazi bloomberg.
    **** obama.
    **** NYC.
    **** NY in general.
    **** that whole section of the country as a whole.

This just reinforces the not-so-tin-foil-hat-as-we-had-thought notion that Registration = Confiscation. Now I'm just waiting for adolf bloomberg to start whispering dreams of confiscation to Ofailure using the NFRTR, 4473s, and those NICS approvals that supposedly are not being kept (except when Klinton kept them, GWB kept them, and zero kept them).

But confiscation isn't legal? The Emperor will make it legal. And no one in the media or the spineless GOP will dare call him out on it, much less fight it.

I'm still not convinced that this BS upcoming trust/corp/LLC NFA rule change won't be retroactively applied to invalidate thousands of previously 100% legally issued tax stamps as an excuse for obama's jack booted thugs to confiscate firearms by force. That's just how this african warlord rolls, rules and laws and precedent mean nothing to him. Just look at the laundry list of laws he's either blatantly broken, ignored, or decided all by himself not to enforce:

Inspector General Reform Act of 2008
    War Powers Resolution of 1973
    Defense of Marriage Act
    Immigration laws
    ITAR
    obamacare itself with waivers & ordering insurance companies to re-offer illegal plans & delaying parts by decree
    Illegal/Regulated substances laws

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My line is drawn in the sand. Now, I'll go and have a good retirement, enjoy my little dog, Jake and not give it another thought. When they succeed in making me fear them....they win.

Flash

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Un-American.

that is the right idea.
    run them all the way up into Canada like cattle

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you ever get a chance to talk with a Canadian who likes guns you will get a scary picture of phase 1 if bloomberg's plan.

I spent a half hour arguing about whether or not my AR, Uzi model A, and SKS were "machine guns". Paints a perfect picture of what happens when these ideas gain acceptance. He had no problems with the guns or ownership of them but the idea that they were something different than what they really are had fully taken root and likely never to be changed again. Much like the idea of "assault rifles" in the US.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    If you ever get a chance to talk with a Canadian who likes guns you will get a scary picture of phase 1 if bloomberg's plan.

I spent a half hour arguing about whether or not my AR, Uzi model A, and SKS were "machine guns". Paints a perfect picture of what happens when these ideas gain acceptance. He had no problems with the guns or ownership of them but the idea that they were something different than what they really are had fully taken root and likely never to be changed again. Much like the idea of "assault rifles" in the US.

And yet your Canadian friend can buy and own real SIG SG552 Commandos, HK G36Es, Chinese Polytech M14s, and all manner of stuff that is off limits to us peons in the USA. In some ways they have more freedom to purchase what they desire than we do. But then they got the stupid magazine capacity limits, etc...

Gun laws are pretty much farked up everywhere, no matter where you live. Apparently in the USA getting shot by a US made firearm is not as bad as getting shot by one made in Switzerland, and the last 25 rounds in a magazine are far deadlier than the first 5 in Canada.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And yet your Canadian friend can buy and own real SIG SG552 Commandos, HK G36Es, Chinese Polytech M14s, and all manner of stuff that is off limits to us peons in the USA. In some ways they have more freedom to purchase what they desire than we do. But then they got the stupid magazine capacity limits, etc...

Gun laws are pretty much farked up everywhere, no matter where you live. Apparently in the USA getting shot by a US made firearm is not as bad as getting shot by one made in Switzerland, and the last 25 rounds in a magazine are far deadlier than the first 5 in Canada.

He can......if he has the right permits.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Remind me when the last time somebody went on a rampage with a Marlin 22 Bolt Action was? This is fucking completely and totally asinine. I need to start thinking God every morning I wake up in Texas. We ain't perfect but man we are leaps and bounds better off than those poor schmucks in NYC.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    On several other forums I read, several people have questioned if the letter might not be fake due the lack of official NYPD letterhead, which some have posted an example of. Myself, I don't have a clue if it is real or not.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    On several other forums I read, several people have questioned if the letter might not be fake due the lack of official NYPD letter, which some have posted an example of. Myself, I don't have a clue if it is real or not.

The address is from the Borough Hall, however it doesn't sound like something NYC wouldn't do. I suppose someone can just call the number on the notice and ask if it's real.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    This was posted on M4C:
    From a NY Officer forum-

Well, this is settled.

I called our good colleagues at the Rifle & Shotgun Section. They are well aware of the poopstorm (tweaked by spr1) this caused all over the web.

This letter was sent to ONE person...for reasons involving his specific permit. He then changed it a bit to make it look like something it wasn't, and posted it online.

Done and done.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom