TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Blue Bell Creameries Recalls All Products - WSJ

By Associated Press

Updated April 20, 2015 10:48 p.m. ET

BRENHAM, Texas—Blue Bell Creameries issued a voluntary recall Monday night for all of its products on the market after two samples of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream tested positive for listeria.

The company “can’t say with certainty” how the bacteria were introduced to the manufacturing line, Blue Bell’s chief executive Paul Kruse said in a statement.

”We’re committed to doing the 100% right thing, and the best way to do that is to take all of our products off the market until we can be confident that they are all safe,” Mr. Kruse said.

The first recall in the family-owned creamery’s 108-year history was issued last month after the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention linked ice cream contaminated with listeria to three deaths at a Kansas hospital. Five others in Kansas and Texas were sickened with the disease.

The foodborne illness was tracked to a production line in Brenham, Texas, and later to a second line in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.

The recall extends to retail outlets in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wyoming and international locations.

A manufacturing facility in Oklahoma where operations were suspended earlier this month for sanitizing will remain closed as Blue Bell continues to investigate the source of the bacteria, the statement said.

Blue Bell is also implementing a process to test all of its products before releasing them to the market.

—Copyright 2015 The Associated Press
    Military Camp

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    ”We’re committed to doing the 100% right thing, and the best way to do that is to take all of our products off the market until we can be confident that they are all safe,” Mr. Kruse said.
    Helluva statement right there, I hope they can survive this.

I bought a 1/2 gallon of butter crunch somethingeorother 2 weeks ago, haven't dug in yet.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Soon as it comes back I'm buying it. Like I have for decades. If Blue Bell was perfect they'd be in the miracle business not ice cream.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Helluva statement right there, I hope they can survive this.

I bought a 1/2 gallon of butter crunch somethingeorother 2 weeks ago, haven't dug in yet.

Bluebell literally has no debt. They do everything cash. In places like Texas they have something like 75% dollar market share.

They'll be fine.

They've got a bad dairy somewhere. Sounds like to me.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Bluebell literally has no debt. They do everything cash. In places like Texas they have something like 75% dollar market share.

They'll be fine.

They've got a bad dairy somewhere. Sounds like to me.

Why couldn't they wait till tomorrow instead of on a holiday

t-astragal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    College Station
    Saw this news as I was eating a bowl of mint chocolate chip. I sent my kid out to buy some since I was sick. He said that Krogers was cleared out and found some at Walgreens. The whole family was mid bowl as the news broke. Well actually the 10 year old didn't eat any. The boy gets it all if we all die.

Steve

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Häagen-Dazs is better than anything that Blue Bell will ever produce. If I'm going to treat myself to mass produced ice cream, I'll pay for a pint of Häagen-Dazs for what you would pay for a half gallon of Blue Bell. And when I buy a pint of Häagen-Dazs for $3+, it won't contain any of that preservative, artificial flavor, or chemical crap that Blue Bell has in it.

Top Bottom