• ...and so much more!
  • Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Should work fine.

Granted, it is not the best powder for .45 ACP, but it will work and produce a good fireball.
    "My" velocity tests have this charge around 825 fps with a modest S-dev of around 20.

9.0 drops you below 800, and 9.8 is pretty stout and generates squirrely groups.
    Guns International

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    Should work fine.

Granted, it is not the best powder for .45 ACP, but it will work and produce a good fireball.
    "My" velocity tests have this charge around 825 fps with a modest S-dev of around 20.

9.0 drops you below 800, and 9.8 is pretty stout and generates squirrely groups.
    Good info, may I ask what platform you used?

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Because of the shape of the powder pellets, I had a hard time getting consistent loads. I was getting variations up to and occasionally over 1 full grain. Be careful if you're going up near max pressure, and spend the time necessary to get your powder feeder set accurately. I stopped using it for pistol rounds because it was too variable for my tastes.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Platform:
    - Lee Precision Dies and Press
    - Original start load of 7.2 grains from Steves pages 8a
    - Worked the load up over a few weeks out of my GI RIA 1911
    - Tested combustion load through my Caldwell Precision Chrony
    - Documented everything

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    Because of the shape of the powder pellets, I had a hard time getting consistent loads. I was getting variations up to and occasionally over 1 full grain. Be careful if you're going up near max pressure, and spend the time necessary to get your powder feeder set accurately. I stopped using it for pistol rounds because it was too variable for my tastes.
    I'll likely end up using a trickler if I can't get consistent throws. That's what I did when I first started using titegroup before I built up the confidence in my equipment.

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    Turns out I got consistent measures with the RCBS throw and went with 9.2 grains. They function tested just fine and did not see anything blatantly obvious regarding pressure signs on the brass. I'll call that a win, thanks everyone for the input.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    WELL????? I'm late too the party, but you can go to the speer site and click tab for reloading and get load data and/or go to western powders and download the whole manual for FREE! It also has +p load info.

Top Bottom