• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bringer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    San Marcos
    Anybody here have any experience with this breed of dog? My main wonder is if it us possible for this breed to have black and brown coloring similiar to a Rottweiler?

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Most I have ever seen where Meryl - silver, gray/blue and black and some white on the face and chest. I have seen a few with brown splotches here and there. Never seen one that was all brown shades in color if thats what you mean?

Bringer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    San Marcos
    Yeah, somebody I was thinking of buying one off of has a few that look like your usual heeler but a few pups coats look alot like the coloring of the weinie dogs. Kind of had me wondering if the pups are mixed or not.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Yeah, somebody I was thinking of buying one off of has a few that look like your usual heeler but a few pups coats look alot like the coloring of the weinie dogs. Kind of had me wondering if the pups are mixed or not.

did they use some kindof lubricant?

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    When I got my Australian Shepard (10 weeks) she was more brown than Meryl in color. As she got older she turned all Meryl blue with a few scattered black spots and just a beautiful dog. She does have one small brown spot about the size of a silver dallor on her flank.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Only kind of cow dog I've seen with similar markings to a Rotty is a Australian Kelpie. They are very good dogs my parents had one while I was growing up we got him after my dads Blue Heeler bit me, to little to remember but my dad said I was upset when we gave him to some friends that didn't have kids.
    Australian-Kelpie--0.jpg

Tass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Sounds like you have something else in the mix. Cattle dogs are either blue or red merle...i've seen some reds that appeared almost solid red, but were merles. (pups are solid white at birth-way back when the Aussies introduced dalmations into the mix and the trait stuck)

Good dogs for a dog savvy person. They can be very pushy to get their way and smart enough to find ways to tick you off. If around small children, they may try to herd them for fun (as with most herding dogs). Generally very smart, they do well to have a job.

I've seen some very nice working Kelpies....in the black w/ brown points coloring. These dogs were creepy good in sheepdog trials. They really looked like they were just a generation removed from being feral.

Tass

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Our Kelpie didn't try to herd much but hated cats one crunch then he'd leave them were he dropped them. He had some real creepy eye's exspecially when hit with some light in the dark.

Tass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Dee....sounds like your kelpie was 'the exterminator'! The one I know from herding trials name is 'Talon'. I can't tell you how appropriate that name is for that dog! I'm always reminded of a wild cat stalking a zebra in the old Mutual of Omaha episodes when she's working sheep.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    He was very very smart could jump high enough you see an easy 6" between his body and the fence but he never jumped over. We could also leave the gate open and he wouldn't come out of the yard until called. Ten times more obediant than my ridgebacks they are more of a think on their own type and will push their luck until they know their in trouble.

Tass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Ridgebacks are also just big enough to back it up! Knew one serious RR named Torque....(I have just got to come up with better dog names. And get a dog that can live up to such a name!)

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Mine are Hercules and Zues. They are smart also but sometimes its almost too smart for their own good. I like the fact that they don't bark unless its really needed.

Tass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    I've got Sherman, Earnest and Odis and at the moment Earnest will not SHUT UP!

Top Bottom