Blue screen error

Discussion in 'Electronics & Video Games' started by Bexar county TX, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Bexar county TX

Bexar county TX New Member

Mar 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Hi everyone anyone know what this means? stop code 0x000000D1. I have done everything I know of did all of this The Tech Guides - TheTechGuides.com Spyware/Virus Removal Guide
    and still nada. Does anyone know what this stop code means?

2. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Looks like a generic blue screen message. When windows can't figure out what causes a critical memory stoppage, it has been known to come up with unusual fault codes. I doubt it's viral... more likely a component issue or something heating up and causing shutdown.

Any new installations?

3. Floyd_Droid

Floyd_Droid Active Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    That is also known as BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). Not a good thing, sometimes you can recover out of it, most times you will need to reload the OS. There are ways to attempt to recover from it, one is to boot off your Windows disk and run recovery mode. Just to investigate how bad it is: Turn off your computer, turn it back on, when it starts to boot from the black screen press the F8 Key, this should bring you to a screen that gives you options to go into a Safe Mode. (if it trys to load windows, you waited to long, reboot and try again. Easy way is to press and release F8 until it gets to the window)
    When you get to that window select "boot using the Last Known Good Configuration". If that doesn't work, repeat and try "Safe Mode" hopefully that works, and I would start copying of your data to CD. If that doesn't work, try command prompt and try to copy stuff from the command prompt.
    Ultimately if is totally f#cked and nothing else seems to work to get your data off. You can download Knoppix or another Linux boot CD, boot in Linux and run the OS from the CD and search the hard drives for your data and move it to CD or Flash/Thumb USB drive.
    Once your data is copied, use your Windows or System recovery Cd's to reload windows.

That is why it called the Blue Screen of Death.... it's not good.

4. Floyd_Droid

Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    It's not a component issue. It's corruption of the OS (operating system = Windows) Kernel.

5. Floyd_Droid

Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    The first thing you want to make sure of that you have your Windows or Recovery CDs that came with your computer.

6. Bexar county TX

Mar 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    This all started when we changed from DSL to cable. I don't know if they installed any new hardware that the the router.

7. Bexar county TX

Mar 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    I have the instillation CD.

8. Bexar county TX

Mar 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    this is more of a software issue correct?

9. Floyd_Droid

Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Yes, Basically your windows is corrupted. Follow the steps I mentioned above and start looking for your Windows or Systems recovery CD's that came with your system.
    The don't call it Blue Screen Of Death for nothing.

BTW I'm a Systems network Administrator, been in computers for the past 24 years. I've seen it PLENTY of times. Sometimes, IF your lucky, you can recover from it selecting: "Last Known Good Configuration".
    Even if this works, you need to further investigate what caused it to crash:

-What happened before it crashed?
    -Were you installing any programs?
    -Has it been functioning weird, slow etc before the crash?

10. Bexar county TX

Mar 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    I appreciate the help I did the steps you mentioned above whrn I install the OS disc and a sceen pops upand says windows needs to be repaired I go through all the steps and it still crashes.