• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Well, if he receives the stop error before he can get into safe mode, he has a piece of faulty hardware, because the operating system hasn't even made it past the bootloader yet. If the stop error happens after the Windows splash screen, it is a driver issue, and can be corrected without, in most cases, resorting to a repair install.

By the way, when was it posted that he can't get into safe mode?

Let think about it:

Faulty RAM? Hmmm....possible, but it would have come up with CMOS error. Bad RAM black screen... Beep.. beeep ..beep

Bad HD? I could go with that, bad sectors happen to the best of us. However Windows should have picked that up during the install/repair

Well, I'll check back in later. Hopefully he can give us more details, so we can figure this out.

I'll be back later on. Hopefully he will give us more info

If Hardware wise... I'd put money on the MB... unless CPU overheated. (it should have went into a thermal shutdown)
    ARJ Defense ad

Porter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2008
    Houston
    Before I participate in any further speculation, I would like to know something from the OP.

At what point do you receive the stop error? Is it before or after you see the animated Windows splash screen?

Bexar county TX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    update

Windows desktop cameup last night it ran for about 2 hours and blue screened, my cousin was playing his on line game when it crashed and tried to turn it back on and immediately after splash screen it crashed again.

fedupdon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    widows error

have you tried to restore to a eariler date if you are useing xp it seems to work 50% of the time

ronc0011

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Blue screen is almost certainly a hardware issue. Actually this is good news. It generally means just replacing a part or a fan and your back in business.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I awsn't here 3 months ago but:
    Whenever this comes up on an M$ computer always pull the panel and dust it out, followed by removing and re-seating the RAM. This solves the problem over half the time and takes just a couple of minutes.
    What often happens if dust shorts out the RAM or it gets a little loose in the mobo.

Eli

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Top Bottom