• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GULFPILOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Ausin, Texas
    Anyone know of a good lake or pond in the Austin area where I can take my 4 year old to catch/release some bluegill? Im hoping for somewhere in the north Travis or Williamson County area. Thx.
    Hurley's Gold

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    When I was a kid, my dad used to take me down to Town Lake (now lady bird Johnson lake). We would go down to the little peninsula on the north side of the river that was by the old power plant and catch a slew of blue gill and rio grande perch....or you can go up by the damn and do the same....easy to get to and fish. If you are looking for some place further from town, I am sure you could catch some in Decker Lake, or anywhere on Lake Travis or Lake Georgetown,,,you can pretty much catch blue gill in any lake...

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Old Settlers in Round Rock, Williamson county regional park has a little tank, And there is always a creek some were in that area. Any area in specific you would like to keep it to? Brushy Creek lake is a possibility as well.

GULFPILOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Ausin, Texas
    Old Settlers in Round Rock, Williamson county regional park has a little tank, And there is always a creek some were in that area. Any area in specific you would like to keep it to? Brushy Creek lake is a possibility as well.

I tried Brushy Creek Park several times...no luck. Brushy Creek Park is walking distance from my house too :mad:

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Brushy creek kinda sucks for anything but carp. Just down the road from that is a little tank with a fountain in it that I have seen kids fishing before. Do you know that one?

Top Bottom