• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Headed out to the stand today to test out my new cold weather coveralls. 30 minutes in I see something dart past the feeder. Its moving fast and right in a break of the brush, he stops. I see him and go “holy s*** its a bobcat”. I have never seen a live one before in Texas so this one is iff to the taxidermist. What a rush!
    FA879A65-3D70-435B-89F8-4CCDD7D05101.jpeg

Attachments

• FA879A65-3D70-435B-89F8-4CCDD7D05101.jpeg
      FA879A65-3D70-435B-89F8-4CCDD7D05101.jpeg
      4.4 MB · Views: 668

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Should have wait for a full winter coat of fur! Rug this one like a lion rug, with the full head & jaws open.
    I was way too excited to actually see one. Going with the full body mount
    I’ve let too many slip away next ones coming home with me.
    Exactly this! I had that 1-2 second moment to decide so I went for it

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Nice bobcat. Looks like it didn't destroy it.

I have a fox and bobcat pelt and a monster elk horn shed from my wife's grandfather in AZ. The pelts have a small bullet holes and are in good shape. Grandpa walks around the mountains with a 22 hornet looking picking up sheds and looking for fur bearing critters when he dosent draw a tag. I've always wondered if a deer round would mangle a bobcat too much.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Nice bobcat. Looks like it didn't destroy it.

I have a fox and bobcat pelt and a monster elk horn shed from my wife's grandfather in AZ. The pelts have a small bullet holes and are in good shape. Grandpa walks around the mountains with a 22 hornet looking picking up sheds and looking for fur bearing critters when he dosent draw a tag. I've always wondered if a deer round would mangle a bobcat too much.

Yea I was surprised that it didnt do more. 170gr SPs. This whole experience makes me want to get a .223 or 17hmr bolt gun now

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Yea I was surprised that it didnt do more. 170gr SPs. This whole experience makes me want to get a .223 or 17hmr bolt gun now
    The problem with that is knowing which one to take out.

Grandpa tells a mean story of the mountain lion he shot with a 22hornet while calling for a friend.

Sitting under a ghillie suit trying to call in a bear, not paying attention. He hears a rustle, looks left and sees a lion about to pounce as soon at it sees the wounded critter. He only brought the hornet for small game since he had no tag. He put the muzzle thru the ghillie to the Lions chest and dropped it. He stood up and fainted.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I love the 30-30. My stand is only about 50-75 yards from my feeder so my 336 is my go-to stand rifle
    Took my Win 94 trapper 30-30 out for the first time on veterans day. It's an awesome gun, like the round. But the sights need work. The rear peep sight aperture I huge.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Took my Win 94 trapper 30-30 out for the first time on veterans day. It's an awesome gun, like the round. But the sights need work. The rear peep sight aperture I huge.

Love the winchesters but I am a JM Marlin man always
    Exactly. Non explosive expansion.
    What do you think would be the ideal round for them? 22 mag? Just curious

Top Bottom