• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texmansru47

That's me on the right
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2021
    Spring, TX
    I inherited a 2002 Dodge RAM 1500 single cab that the passenger side bed has a big dent from a tree falling on it... can't seem to find a quality body shop in Spring (I have checked with Caliber and service king both want over $4500 to do the work). This should be far less than that I would think. Does anyone have experience with body shops in the Spring, TX area that are fairly priced?
    DK Firearms

Attachments

• 20210327_103718.jpg
      20210327_103718.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 81

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Might be cheaper to find a good bed at a junk yard and do a swap.

My dad has done this with a couple project trucks - way cheaper than taking to a shop and having the bed fixed.

@texmansru47 If you go that route, I wouldn't mind coming over to lend a hand. We might need another body or two, unless you happen to have access to a cherry picker. That's how my pop & I handled the last bed swap he did. One person to manage the cherry picker, the other to steady the bed.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    And four of his five were in this thread...........the other one must have been a doozy.
    Just read all his posts, nothing left up was crazy.

His profile pic has been seen before, yom wilson of spring Tx? Possibly a gambler or other previously banned member returning?

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just read all his posts, nothing left up was crazy.

His profile pic has been seen before, yom wilson of spring Tx? Possibly a gambler or other previously banned member returning?

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    IIRC, I think Gambler was from the DFW area. But with Gambler, everything is a gamble! His last incarnation here, he identified as a young woman, Amberloo!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Woodlands Car Care, 24645 Budde Rd, Spring, TX 77380 , (281) 363-2300

They did a good job for me a couple years ago. I called them recently when some numbnuts hit my pickup, but they were booked solid when I called.

Texan Glass is next door and they do a great job on windshield replacements.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    What did you expect to pay to cut off an inner and outer bed side, weld on a new one, then perform all the body and paint work?

You can buy a bed for $1000 or less I bed and swap it with the help of three buddies.

Top Bottom