• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atticus finch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    It seems like the democrats effort to pin this current government "shutdown" (for a lack of a better adjective) on the republicans is not working.
    I suspect the vindictive fashion in which the current administration has handled this is backfiring on them, the WWll memorial both here & in france and all the other vindictive behavior has not gone over well.
    Consequently it appears Boehner feels a bit more confident about genuinely taking a stand. Also the republicans offering up various funding bills does seem to have gotten the message through to the public, "we're willing to work with you on this and avoid the current situation, here's a start"
    The dems response, infantile vindictive behavior and so forth. .

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    genuinely taking a stand.

Genuine is probably to strong of word for anything with regards to bonehead, except he's genuinely a spineless idiot.

However it seems like Obama is overplaying his hand and now with the federal workers pay guaranteed he knows there is no way to fold completely without a coup d'etat and losing his speaker ship. The conservative wing tastes blood in the water and will eat him if he folds now.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    It seems like the democrats effort to pin this current government "shutdown" (for a lack of a better adjective) on the republicans is not working.
    I suspect the vindictive fashion in which the current administration has handled this is backfiring on them, the WWll memorial both here & in france and all the other vindictive behavior has not gone over well.
    Consequently it appears Boehner feels a bit more confident about genuinely taking a stand. Also the republicans offering up various funding bills does seem to have gotten the message through to the public, "we're willing to work with you on this and avoid the current situation, here's a start"
    The dems response, infantile vindictive behavior and so forth. .
    That's kind of what Im thinking. With how immature Obama has been about closing various venues that have gotten quit a bit of media coverage I believe did not work well in the Dems favor. I also believe Boehner knows if he folds and gets nothing he can bet on losing his position.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's there to sound bad, kinda like the sequester where everything they did was for headlines to make everyone see how "bad" things were.

Only thing I've noticed were all the parks closed around the lake.

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Make no mistake, any which way you slice it both sides of the aisle benefit from bigger government. Plain and simple bigger government equals bigger money and more control, it benefits all parties involved. I think Cruz started a "revolution" of sorts, maybe better stated as a "revelation" and it lite a fire under the asses of true conservatives and most of America really. Now Boehner and the vast majority of the spineless water heads known as our republican party are riding on his coat tails and hoping in the wagon. Although what Cruz did played absolutely no part in stopping or even delaying the Affordable Health Care Act it did air out a lot of dirty laundry that most of America was not aware of. In return, his actions deemed as a waste of time, now in fact has many conservatives engaged and back in action. This, I believe is why we're now seeing the Pubs finally standing up, going on the offensive and putting their foot down. Just the simple fact that Liberals are resorting to personal attacks and childish name calling on national television tells me that they know we're actually gaining some ground back in this Country. Our only hope if we are to right this ship is to let ALL of our elected officials know we're ready to shut down this over grown monstrosity of a government, whether it be by the current means or the up coming debt ceiling. This is a hot issue with the conservative party right now and they will play this card as it is gaining momentum. Although most of us have been wanting it all along now is our chance to finally get them to possibly act and do something about it. Let us not forget we do have elections in the not so distant future also....

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Maybe I'm just hard-headed, but how can there be a "shut-down" when folks are still being employed/paid?

Welcome to the government. I've got two uncles, a father and sister in the civil service. Dad and my sis are working like nothing happened they are "critical" working on nuke subs and such. The two uncles were told not to come into work, neither cared to much to begin with but now they got word they will be paid anyways so it's literally a paid vacation. Well actually since they aren't using up their vacation days it's better than that even.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Pretty ridiculous for sure. Along with all the extra man power being used to shut down stuff that isnt staffed when things arent "shutdown". Only with the US government.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This whole thing is a dog & pony show. The employees will get paid. Now, they're saying that the SS checks will be delayed. The SS funds are not subject to budget factors except for the funds being tied to Treasury bonds.

Flash

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    who needs enemies when you have allies like boehner. Nothing like making offer and counteroffers to yourself over and over.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Was going to update this thread with a news story link but the stories are all over the damn place. Seems to be the general consensus is Boehner better get his shit together and get something drew up that the true conservatives can get behind. Hate to think what will happen if theu dont reach a deal.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Was going to update this thread with a news story link but the stories are all over the damn place. Seems to be the general consensus is Boehner better get his shit together and get something drew up that the true conservatives can get behind. Hate to think what will happen if theu dont reach a deal.

What will happen is a balanced budget. The gubbermint won't be able to borrow any more money so they'll be forced to not borrow any more money.

all this default bs is just that bs. The only way they default is if when they spend their money they don't pay their interest payments. Which are around 18 billion a month and they bring in 3 trillion a year...

Top Bottom