• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    *All was resolved, it was indeed stolen however it was by someone the owner knew which complicated everything more. I don't know all the details just enough to say BOLO over.*

I know this isn't firearm related but a good buddy of mine had his Kayak stolen recently from the Ennis Joslin area in Corpus Christi, TX. From what I understand there probably isn't another one like it in the area because this was a custom "Red, White, and Blue" Malibu Stealth 12' kayak. It was specifically donated by Malibu for a program called "Heroes On The Water" which gets wounded warriors and other vets who have troubles with PTSD and other issues out on the water to do some kayak fishing. The buddy it was stolen from is one of these vets who participates in that program. So please keep your eyes open if you happen to see it in a pawn shop, in a truck, etc. if you do happen to see it then please let the authorities know as it has been reported stolen. Serial number is not known at this time but if that info is passed on to me I will update the thread as well with any pictures as I only have the one below right now. Thanks for looking and hopefully they catch this scum.

a7e9y9u3.jpg

hevyjejy.jpg

4yjedusu.jpg

yqeqyged.jpg

8uneny6u.jpg
    Guns International

Last edited:

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    This has been shared about 2,500 times so far on facebook (that I know of). There has been a gofundme started, an offer from a TGT facebook follower to donate one of his kayaks, and interest from the local news. I talked to my buddy and he is incredibly humbled by it all, he said he's really not interested in going on tv and all he wants is his property back. This specific kayak has sentimental value to him as when he got it he had just gotten into kayak fishing through the Heroes on the Water program with a good friend of his who unfortunately committed suicide a little less than a year ago after struggling with his PTSD. Again I know this gentleman personally and can vouch that he is absolutely deserving of this show of support even if he doesn't believe it to be so. I will continue to update if any new details emerge but that's what I have as of right now.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I believe it may have been located, after talking to him it seems he is sorting out the details with the police. Thank you everyone for helping spread the word.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    If it has been located, that would be awesome...keep us posted and if we can help, don't hesitate to ask.....

ChrisS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Never mind. My buddy said he saw something on TFF that it was resolved. Some kind of misunderstanding. The kayak apparently isn't stolen after all. Good ending I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom