Mar 4, 2008
    pix2060454296.jpg

K31 swiss

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX

Tikka T3 Lite in .308 w/ 3-9X Simmons. It crapped out and I replaced it with a vintage 4x40 Tasco my grandfather had sitting around. It's going to be my hunting rifle come deer season.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Remington 700P
    .308 winchester
    Accuracy International Chassis System
    Badger 20MOA rail
    ARMs quick release medium height rings
    Super Sniper 16x scope waiting to be replaced by a US Optics or Schmidt Bender once I get some other stuff settled

IMG_2779.gif

Walther UIT
    .22 LR
    Not much else to say about this, but when I do my part this thing can print a single hole all day out to 100 yards is the wind treats me right.

IMG_2788.jpg

Parker Hale 1200 Super Safari Grade
    .30-06
    Got this as part of trade while I was in college. Came with a old weaver K4 (you can still see the mounts and I still got the scope) with qucik release rings. I took the scope off in college for hunting mule deer in the scrub brush and bottom thickets in the Mogollon-Datil area of New Mexico.
    It's nice, light and very handy, but kick's like a mule. It's pretty spot on out to 200 yards with the iron sights as well.

IMG_2790.jpg

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nice collection Malladus! I especially like that AI stock on the 700P.

Just a quick question. How do you like that .22lr bolt action? CDNN currently has a sale on some used ones and they seem like a decent buy for what they are. This is probably going to sound dumb but, are you sure yours is a Walther? The reason I ask is the ones CDNN is carrying look identical, however they list them as being of Russian manufacture. I've heard various names thrown around such as Vostok, though I'm not exactly sure who the actual manufacturer is. Either way, with diopter sights, bull barrel, adjustable stock, etc it seems like a fun rifle for plinking. Not to mention .22lr is cheap as heck to shoot! ;)

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Its a Walther, its got all the proof marks and stamps, plus the price tag to match. The style is pretty common for European small bore match rifles so it looks a lot like other contemporary rifles. It an older model, more of a 70 - 90s style and not the more angular looking free-style rifles of the later decades nor the ray-gun looking ones that have come into style lately.

I looked at the one on CDNN you mentioned and it does look very similar though. The Russian or eastern European ones are supposed to be decent and you may actually find one labeled Walther as a Walther plant and name wound up on the wrong side of the iron curtain after WW2.

As for mine its really nice, the trigger is nice, light, and crisp. With the sights and heavy stock and barrel it can shoot offhand really nice, but if you bench it you can drive nails with it. Its such a nice rifle I feel guilty if I don't shoot match .22 out of it, so while its cheaper, its not a real walmart bargain bucket of bullets plinker.

Malladus

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Looks like a nice S[SIZE=-1]wiss or Italian Vetterli rifle. Where you get the ammo for it?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Malladus[/SIZE]

Swiss Vetterli, 10.4x42 Swiss, AKA .41 Swiss. Bought it some years back, and it sat in the safe. Thanks to the magic of the internet, was able to find examples of centerfire conversions and loading guides. Conversion ro centerfire wasn't difficult. Cases can be made from .348 Winchester, shortened and formed, with about .006 or so turned off the case head. Bore is less than pristene ( A POX on those who shoot corrosive ammo thru classic firearms and are too lazy or ignorant to clean properly!), but should be ok. I'm going to try her out this weekend, and if she groups at 50 yards or so, she will sit in my stand this year waiting her chance.

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    Swiss Vetterli, 10.4x42 Swiss, AKA .41 Swiss. Bought it some years back, and it sat in the safe. Thanks to the magic of the internet, was able to find examples of centerfire conversions and loading guides. Conversion ro centerfire wasn't difficult. Cases can be made from .348 Winchester, shortened and formed, with about .006 or so turned off the case head. Bore is less than pristene ( A POX on those who shoot corrosive ammo thru classic firearms and are too lazy or ignorant to clean properly!), but should be ok. I'm going to try her out this weekend, and if she groups at 50 yards or so, she will sit in my stand this year waiting her chance.

Thats cool Charley:cool:

Top Bottom