Bolt carrier group recommendations and lower parts kit.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I have never had any issues with all of the mil spec AR BCG's I have bought and used. All of mine get used hard for the exception of two safe queens. As for triggers ... oh boy I could tell some stories. I like super light two stage triggers since that is what I am used too. Before I had money I was buying and working on cheap two stage triggers to try and get them to work.

I have had excellent luck with ARmalite and their tactical two stage that I bought in 06'. I lightened the springs and Arkansas stoned the trigger until I found the break I wanted. I would put it up against the Geiselle I have any day. Problem is that it took forever to get it there and isn't worth the man hours and plinking time when I could have just bought a Geiselle and installed it.

ETA: ARmalite has many nice write ups from the past on how to work on their triggers and stone them properly. I followed those instructions and have a sweet trigger from them.

I have also tried a Rock River two stage that again took forever to get it to function properly and it is still gritty and shitty. They now have the action locked in to where you have to surgically remove it to replace the spring to lighten it. Apparently they got enough failures that their lawyers told them to lock it up. I took it apart, stoned it, polished, put in a new spring and did that over again to make it worth using.

Buy a Geiselle.
    Venture Surplus ad

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Wow, they must have just recently started. Both of my bcm uppers have the cerro forging keyhole. For all these years they have only assembled shit.

They've been doing it for awhile.

The forge marks only show where the raw forging came from, it could be machined by anyone.

If it has BCM4 above the barrel nut threading, it was machined out by bcm*

*they had some without the BCM4 marking that were still machined by them

Top Bottom