• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GerbyJohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    At the SHOT Show I got to see the Boberg gun in person for the first time. I've never read an article about it that didn't reference it's cycling flaw with certain ammo, and even more concerning, the guy at the Bond Arms booth (Bond bought Boberg recently) said they have no plans on fixing the issue, he said they weren't sure how it could be fixed, that it was just inherent in the design. Bond is gonna sell them for close to $1000 a piece in 9mm which is what they sold for as Bobergs. I can't see spending that kind of money on a gun that may or may not fire when I need it to. It's a cool-looking pistol, so am I missing something?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Had to look up Boberg. Wow. Ugly as sin AND it may or may not work. For $1,000. High Point is just as ugly and will work most of the time for under $200.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    They aren't unreliable, just ammo sensitive. If you feed them right, they run. Boberg was never bashful about that either.

I don't have one but if I had the spare coin I would have bought one of them instead of a pocket .380.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    XR9S_right_3247.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Always wondered what the recoil was like in those. Probably better than the Bond Arms derringer in a 410 I'm guessing.

Is Bond at least advising which ammo does or doesn't work? Or at least warning that it is ammo sensitive?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I got to shoot an actual Boberg at Hicksville. It was actually a pretty nice shooting gun.

Although I was always distracted by the flapper hammer, lol. If you shoot one, you'll see what I mean.

Recoil was no different than any other handgun of similar size. Trigger was DA only IIRC but pretty smooth and didn't feel heavy.

I wouldn't mind having one, but not for the price.

I had no function issues while shooting it.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Top Bottom