• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    The Boberg needed a special grease applied every so often to run properly. One of the improvements Bond made to the design was to eliminate the need for it.
    ARJ Defense ad

cb51

Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    Darn. I'm in LaPorte and a long way from you.

Maybe you can still help me. If you compare the recoil of an air weight S&W J frame with a .38 special with a plus P loads the Bond a heck of a lot more recoil or just a moderate more kick?

I'd probably get the .45/.410 in a 3 1/2 inch.

W5LF

Apr 11, 2011
    Dripping Springs, Texas
    I have had a Bond Arms derringer for 15 years or more. With a 45 long colt it shoots fine but be close! The bullet isn’t inside the end of the barrel by more than 1/4” or so but up close aiming isn’t an issue. I use it strictly as a 410 snake gun for rattlers, one tiny #7 shot in the head and its brain dead.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I appeciate all the comments and opinions. I am considering purchasing a 45LC/410 chambered "Texas Defender" or "Cowboy Defender."
    I love the looks of "The Texan," but the 6" barrels and longer grip look much more difficult to conceal carry.
    I had ben considering an American Derringer Company model 1, made in Waco, but I don't gather the barrels lending themselves to change-out as easily as the Bond Arms... Does anyone here have experience with the ADC model 1?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I had a Bullpup9.
    It wasn’t reliable enough for CCW duty.
    I put 2000+ rds thru it and it still had stoppages.
    Interesting design and quite accurate. Fun range toy but would advise against one for SD.
    I will say this, when that thing jammed, it really jammed. As in several minutes to clear.
    Traded it away.

I’ve an left over mag if anyone wants it.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Half the thread is talking boberg while the other is talking derringer.

I had zero idea they were the same manufacturer.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I had a Bullpup9.
    Interesting design and quite accurate. Fun range toy but would advise against one for SD.
    I will say this, when that thing jammed, it really jammed. As in several minutes to clear.
    Traded it away.

Moonie - was your Bullpup9 the earlier Boberg design, or the later Bond improved design?

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I had a Bullpup9.
    Traded it away.

I will take the magazine if it is still available.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    This thread needs some PICTURES!
    OK

Bond Arms Snake Slayer.jpg

Attachments

• Bond Arms Snake Slayer.jpg
      Bond Arms Snake Slayer.jpg
      95.2 KB · Views: 787

I came very close to buying a Liberator 3" in 45ACP as I think it make sense.

Question for Geezer:
    While I think the 45 Colt make some functional sense I'm wondering about a 2.5 inch .410 out of a 3" barrel?

With but 0.5 inches of barrel to accelerate in front of the cartridge do you get a meaningful velocity?

HKS

Last edited:

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I came very close to buying a Liberator 3" in 45ACP as I think it make sense.

Question for Geezer:
    While I think the 45 Colt make some functional sense I'm wondering about a 2.5 inch .410 out of a 3" barrel?

With but 0.5 inches of barrel to accelerate in front of the cartridge do you get a meaningful velocity?

HKS
    I haven't chronographed mine but I have patterened the 410's at 7 and 10 yards. I was just using #6 shot game loads. The pattern was good enough that a snake would be in serious trouble.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    A Bond next to a Boberg. I don't like the thick grips of the Bond version, and have asked them to make a thinner "carry" model.

Attachments

• Bond_Boberg_1_right.jpg
      Bond_Boberg_1_right.jpg
      65.9 KB · Views: 283
    I haven't chronographed mine but I have patterened the 410's at 7 and 10 yards. I was just using #6 shot game loads. The pattern was good enough that a snake would be in serious trouble.

Makes sense.
    .410 in one barrel for slithering reptiles.
    .45LC in other barrel for bipedal reptiles.

make me want to acquire one.

Top Bottom