• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    Texans concerned about 2A issues have been betrayed at a level never seen in this state. Texas gun owners and pro-2A voters were relieved to hear about the new Speaker, Dennis Bonnen, who has always been pro-2A and rated "A" by the NRA.

Recently Bonnen appointed the new committee chairs for the two committees that process all gun and self-defense related bills: Homeland Security & Public Safety, and Criminal Jurisprudence.

Who did he appoint? For Homeland Security, anti-gun Democrat Pancho Nevarez. For Jurisprudence, anti-gun Democrat Nicole Collier. This means NO pro-gun bills and ALL anti-gun bills will go to the floor for voting. The committee chair has sole discretion over which bills survive committee and which ones don't, and these are two of the most rabid anti-gun fanatics in the Texas legislature.

Bonnen has betrayed his fellow Texans at a level never before seen in this state. It is beyond infuriating; it is simply unbelievable. It is a massive spit-in-the-face to Texas gun owners. How the heck this happened, I don't know, but note that he was elected 147-0 by the members of the House.

Our sole reassurance, however slight it may be, is that (hopefully) Abbott will veto any anti-gun bill that makes it to his desk, and rest assured that there will be plenty of them.

If you want to stop Bonnen from changing Texas to another California, get the word out about this. Contact Bonnen and Abbott and express your alarm. Contact your Representative and express your bitter disappointment in their vote of support for him, and why. There's a good possibility that some of them will be as surprised as we are. With enough of a groundswell of protest, maybe we can get this disaster turned around for the next session.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    So why does he need any Dem votes at all? The GOP has had a near supermajority for decades. Why can't they put up a rock solid conservative and let the Dem's pound sand if they don't like it? I've never understood that.

I think the criticism of Abbott is unfair. You might say he could do more to push bills through but one can pretty much always say that. I've seen nothing to indicate that he's blocking anything gun related and he's consistently pledged to sign - and has signed - any gun rights bills that are sent to his desk.

Because he wanted the position and didn't think he could get enough Republican votes to get it. So he promised things to the Left.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Bonnen’s recent Facebook post looks like he addresses this. I’m not with him on some points but he’s right in that the proof will be in the pudding.

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Bonnen’s recent Facebook post looks like he addresses this. I’m not with him on some points but he’s right in that the proof will be in the pudding.

Bonnen's recent Facebook post (https://www.facebook.com/RepDennisBonnen/posts/10155624107311534) was a pouting response to his critics who understand how Texas legislative committees work and the power the Chair of a committee wields. His statement, "The fact that some fringe groups can’t count to 5 for a 9 member committee is really not my problem," totally belies the fact it is the Chair who decides which bills get hearings and which bills get voted on. He could have put 8 Republicans on the committee but the rabid anti-gun Democrat Bonnen appointed as Chair would still have the ability to sink any hopes of seeing pro-gun legislation pass out of committee. If he hasn't learned that in his 22 years in Austin, he is a fool. If he does know it and calls his critics out with his 5 of 9 statement, he is calling us fools.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Bonnen's recent Facebook post (https://www.facebook.com/RepDennisBonnen/posts/10155624107311534) was a pouting response to his critics who understand how Texas legislative committees work and the power the Chair of a committee wields. His statement, "The fact that some fringe groups can’t count to 5 for a 9 member committee is really not my problem," totally belies the fact it is the Chair who decides which bills get hearings and which bills get voted on. He could have put 8 Republicans on the committee but the rabid anti-gun Democrat Bonnen appointed as Chair would still have the ability to sink any hopes of seeing pro-gun legislation pass out of committee. If he hasn't learned that in his 22 years in Austin, he is a fool. If he does know it and calls his critics out with his 5 of 9 statement, he is calling us fools.
    Quoted for truth.

Seriously folks, if Charles Cotton, Über Fudd Extraordinaire, comes out and calls your anti gun shenanigans , it is very telling.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Quoted for truth.

Seriously folks, if Charles Cotton, Über Fudd Extraordinaire, comes out and calls your anti gun shenanigans , it is very telling.

I’ve already sent a message to him and cc:’d my local rep/senator to express my displeasure at his response. It’s fairly egotistical to blame a lobby and not acknowledge those organizations represent the views of a significant number of Texans.

I essentially told him at the end of the session, if we don’t have Constitutional Carry, if 30.06/30.07 isn’t gone, or we have ERPO legislation that makes it out of committee, he will have failed, not the committee chairs, him personally.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Huh?
    9d1202a2228d3f2d04d6fb231ffbb081.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 9d1202a2228d3f2d04d6fb231ffbb081.gif
      9d1202a2228d3f2d04d6fb231ffbb081.gif
      1.8 MB · Views: 387

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    How do you know a politician is lying? His lips are moving. Yes you should write him and let him know will bethat you be supporting a pro gun candidate next election. Speakers in Texas are pretty slimy folks as they suck up to folks to get elected to the Speaker position for the power and money.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I’ve already sent a message to him and cc:’d my local rep/senator to express my displeasure at his response. It’s fairly egotistical to blame a lobby and not acknowledge those organizations represent the views of a significant number of Texans.

I essentially told him at the end of the session, if we don’t have Constitutional Carry, if 30.06/30.07 isn’t gone, or we have ERPO legislation that makes it out of committee, he will have failed, not the committee chairs, him personally.
    We will never get rid of .30-06 and .30-07 for private properties. The Attorney General has pretty much stated what government entities can and can not ban LTC holders from.

Top Bottom