• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Sure you can ask them to leave, until you ask a snowflake waiting to be offended minority. At which point you are guilty until you prove you are not a racist. And the government will be on the snowflakes side The government is always limiting one thing or another within the "public marketplace." Your private property rights don't seem as important to you unless the subject is guns, then you expect 101% of those rights. All gun owners hope for is fair treatment within the Constitution.

Now we are talking apples and oranges. If a business has a sign that says no shoes, no shirt no service. You are not refusing service to anyone on the basis of discrimination. If what you are saying is true then I should be able to go to a court and have the law concerning 30.06 and 30.07 stricken down because they violate the Second Amendment.
    Lynx Defense

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    No the Thirteenth Amendment abolished Slavery. I did not use the word trump the Constitution. Those are your words. I said private property rights are in the Constitution. the founding fathers in the Federalist Papers discussed how the Constitution would protect our liberties and property from being usurped by the Federal Government.

So you acknowledge the 13th Amendment, but not the 2nd Amendment. Can't pick and choose.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    1f2a3f3f479d87584d93e36ee50b2a89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 1f2a3f3f479d87584d93e36ee50b2a89.jpg
      1f2a3f3f479d87584d93e36ee50b2a89.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 257

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So you acknowledge the 13th Amendment, but not the 2nd Amendment. Can't pick and choose.

Does a group have the right to hold an anti Trump rally in a gun store.

You gotta support the first amendment ya know. Can’t pick and choose.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Does a group have the right to hold an anti Trump rally in a gun store.

You gotta support the first amendment ya know. Can’t pick and choose.

Apples and oranges. Laws prohibit interfering with a business' operation. They are able to protest outside the business. Carrying does not interfere with a business' operation.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Apples and oranges. Laws prohibit interfering with a business' operation. They are able to protest outside the business. Carrying does not interfere with a business' operation.

It will if some customers are put off by firearms and choose to leave the business. And you could carry outside the business.

Maybe the protest is low key and peaceful so as not to disrupt business. It’s a constitutionally protected right and the business is open to the public.

You can’t pick and choose on these protected rights. You must protect them all.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    It's funny the government tells you what your 30.06 sign looks like and where it must be displayed on you private property that you control. And on a whim they can change it at your expense. So that you can restrict the rights of trained legal licensed fee payed gun owners.
    The government sends a guy to my (wife's) business every month who checks to see if the grease trap is still there. And we pay them $40 for the "service." You sign away many of your property rights in order to be allowed to be open to the public. Concealed carry should just be one more. The key is open to the public.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    We can agree to disagree on most of this. But I hope we keep a close watch on our state government. Because it looks like Speaker Bonnen is just an opening salvo in a republican back door attempt to restrict Texans rights.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    We can agree to disagree on most of this. But I hope we keep a close watch on our state government. Because it looks like Speaker Bonnen is just an opening salvo in a republican back door attempt to restrict Texans rights.
    Careful. There are members here that will call you a traitor for what you are posting.:clown:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It will if some customers are put off by firearms and choose to leave the business. And you could carry outside the business.

Maybe the protest is low key and peaceful so as not to disrupt business. It’s a constitutionally protected right and the business is open to the public.

You can’t pick and choose on these protected rights. You must protect them all.

Using your logic, slavery on private property is okay. Can't have it both ways.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    No the Thirteenth Amendment abolished Slavery. I did not use the word trump the Constitution. Those are your words. I said private property rights are in the Constitution. the founding fathers in the Federalist Papers discussed how the Constitution would protect our liberties and property from being usurped by the Federal Government.

gshayd,

SORRY but you are WRONG. = The SCOTUS found close to a half-century ago that IF you are a "public accommodation", i.e., IF you are open to the general public that you, just by being open for business, give up the "right to discriminate". = I don't like the decision but as it is "the law of the land", I feel that my RIGHTS under the US Constitution may NOT be denied just because they don't like how I look, if I'm peacefully carrying a concealed firearm, am carrying tobacco in my pocket or most anything else that I CHOOSE as a free citizen to do, provided that I directly injure nobody else and/or try to prevent their free exercise of their RIGHTS.
    (Btw, those RIGHTS preexisted the AWI & the Constitution. - The Constitution's BoR simply LISTS some of those NATURAL RIGHTS.)

The ALTERNATIVE under the decision of the SCOTUS is to either STOP being open to the general public (become a private club) or CLOSE.
    (That's why you cannot CHOOSE to discriminate against persons because of race/color/creed/gender/religion or lack thereof/etc.)

yours, satx

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I really want to know what the state GOP leaders think about Bonnen's behavior this session. Will they support him as Speaker in the next session?

That's my litmus test for the next election.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Over a Chick-Fil-A meal, my husband just told me a Bonnen story from “back in the day.”

When Bonnen’s son and our son were on the same soccer team at about age 8, Bonnen along with Judge Warren arranged to pass some player’s relatives, (kids not in the league) off as some of our team players who didn’t show up for a game in Clute, Tx. The player’s ID photos were not on the player cards at that point, and they used the missing players’ jerseys to pass them off.

Husband said that husband just walked off from that scheme, saying, “I want no part of this.”

After telling me the story, he says, “that just shows you what kind of person he is.”

Last edited:
    Top Bottom