Capitol Armory ad

Booked a pig hunt - 35th Anniversary present.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I get invited to hunt on a lease close to Bandera a couple times a year.
    But it's not my lease ... I'm a guest and therefore feel a little awkward asking to bring the wife along.

She's been jonseing to shoot a pig so I figured what a great get-away gift for the both of us.

I booked an all inclusive, 3 night hunt near Seymour. She's stoked and so am I.
    Lynx Defense

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Thanks and LOLs ...

My bride is great ... she doesn't mind getting dirty, sleeping on the ground or peeing in the bushes.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Mid-December.

As many as they can ... LOL
    Said that many times one is shot and a couple hours later another group shows up at the bait site.

Barnes Vortex from AR15 (Burris 536) and AR10 (ACOG) platform.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Wow ... it's taken two weeks to get hold of the folks and get our hunt finalized and actually confirmed.

I get an invoice today and it was almost double what I understood the costs to be after our phone conversation.

I was prepared for a $13-1400 weekend. But Jesus ... but double that and that'll buy me 2 years lease access in Bandera.

Maybe it's the going rate for some, but not for me ...

I guess we'll see a movie and eat at McD's instead.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Exactly.

Update:

I've been patient, polite and cordial in questioning the invoice total. Several e-mail and a phone call later reveals that someone on their end fouled up the data entry.

So we are now back on-track as originally discussed.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Exactly.

Update:

I've been patient, polite and cordial in questioning the invoice total. Several e-mail and a phone call later reveals that someone on their end fouled up the data entry.

So we are now back on-track as originally discussed.

Sweet!

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Wow ... what a weekend!

First of all, I was absolutely impressed with the accommodations, the food was unbelievable, guides were spot on and the place is spectacular and just 2 hours west of Ft. Worth.

3 nights lodging, 5 days of meals and all the pigs you can bag for $650 per person ... that's a pretty good deal for those of us without hunting access. We had complete access to the whole 6500 acres.

Plots are baited every day and they offered blinds, stands, chairs ... first night, we shot out of the truck!

First group would show about 20 minutes after the sun fell behind the trees. Take the shot. Wait about an hour and another group of 10-15 would show. Take the shot. Wait about an hour and another group would show and again and again ...

The wife and I were behind my truck sitting in lawn chairs about 8 pm last night and we heard them at a bait hole to our left. Green light never phased them. We saw a single sow with 6 or 8 50lb piglets. As she and I were lining up a shot, we heard a ruckus behind us. Swung around and there were 5 250lbers to a bait hole to the right.

All of our chatter, movement, lights, and resettling never bothered them.

Boom!

Pig_1.jpg

~ 120 yds DPMS 308 ACOG Barnes 165g TSX .... she dropped in her tracks. When dressing her, we found that she was pregnant. So I am counting 5 pigs with one shot!

And the whole point of going on this trips was this ... her hunt and her first pig!

Pig_2.jpg

80 yds AR15 Barnes 55g VORTX Hit the 100 lber in the rear spine (she says "not the ass") and I finished it off with a 45.

The weather was fantastic and the pigs were everywhere.

Top Bottom