• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • challl80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    Cypress, TX
    I'm a big fan of ariat stuff...i over pay for the jeans regularly, cuz my wife likes the way they look. Not as much as she likes the Cinch jeans, but they don't engineer those well for my body type apparently...
    DK Firearms

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    The best boot that i ever owned was a lace up by a Co.called Knapp. They have long been out of business; but dammit, that boot could take a ass kicking. In fact i still have a pair. The inside is all chewed up; but they could still be used...and used hard. Oil, grease, gas, diesel. Stand in it all day, and they never fell apart.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I see people talk about getting 10-15 years out of a pair of boot, HOW?? do you not wear them everyday? My work boots(worn nearly everyday) last me anywhere from 9-12 months before they are done, leather uppers worn and soles smooth.. im 6'0 330 wear a 12EE, im sure my weight has something to do with it, is this normal wear or are they wearing out pre-maturely.

challl80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    Cypress, TX
    i get a year to 18 months from something worn daily. usually i don't realize how uncomfortable they've become until i get a new pair...

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I see people talk about getting 10-15 years out of a pair of boot, HOW?? do you not wear them everyday? My work boots(worn nearly everyday) last me anywhere from 9-12 months before they are done, leather uppers worn and soles smooth.. im 6'0 330 wear a 12EE, im sure my weight has something to do with it, is this normal wear or are they wearing out pre-maturely.

I'm right there with ya. Within a year, they're all worn and need to be either rebuilt, or a new pair totally. That's about any boot I've tried, from the <$100 to the $200. Hardest part for me is finding a 14 wide or even 15, depending on the cut.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Rangel we are the same. I'm just 3 inches taller. I don't wear my steel toe around town; but if I'm fixing to do anything that can be classified as labor; there on.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I'm right there with ya. Within a year, they're all worn and need to be either rebuilt, or a new pair totally. That's about any boot I've tried, from the <$100 to the $200. Hardest part for me is finding a 14 wide or even 15, depending on the cut.

You need to go shopping with AKMike. That's about his size as well

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I wear my steel toe twisted x around.. never know when someones teeth are going to need a good bashing!!! lol KIDDING!

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Lots of good suggestions so far. What I am looking for, is something with a tennis shoe like outer sole, toe cap, steel or other material, chem resistant, yada yada. Been looking at danner, ect. Currently have a pair of ariat square toe slip ons, but they are clunky, and I feel like I have more support with something that walks like an athletic shoe. Keep em all coming though, I'm looking at everything y'all suggest. Thanks peeps!

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    My work boots were always redwings or pecos slip ons for many years but they don't seem to last like they used to. Also as I have gotten older and fatter my feet, knees and back have gotten more tender.

For my last pair I decided to look into what the cops, firemen and soldiers were wearing. Figured they might know a thing or two about foot comfort.

Settled on a pair of Bates Delta 8s and I am hooked. Lace up with side zips and unbelievably light. Over a year in these and still tickled. Wear them at work, on the bike, walking the dog. In fact, I don't even know where my tennis shoes are.

I work as a refrigeration engineer for a supermarket chain so I am in oil and grease, walking over rock roofs, climbing ladders and walking about 9 miles a day.

Sent from Cheyenne Mountain to confuse the NSA

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Red wings haven't lived up to the hype for me. The most comfortable thing I own is a pair of Asolo leather hiking boots from REI for $250.

OP, your list of required traits seems to be self-canceling to me. I'll be no help. Good luck, though.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County

That is why I'll spend 300 bucks on a pair of Redwings. I wear them daily and in all types of weather. They are on my feet whether I'm in the office, at the jobsite, in the shop, out in the field, or playing around in the mud and gunk. I'm not really sure what it is with these particular boots as to why they last so long. I'm hard on 'em, never ever clean 'em, scrape 'em and beat them up unintentionally, regularly drop $hit on my toes and such. And they just flat out don't wear out on me. The ONLY problem I'll have with these is with heal wear on my left foot due to my handicap and walking pattern. But that only starts showing up after about five to seven years or so.

I'm 6'-2" and about 200 to 220 lbs. Depending on holiday and season. :(

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Not impressed with the pull on redwings I bought. They leak and when they broke in they stretched so much as to easily feel like your wearing a size larger boot. 12EE is the size and the leather on the top has just stretched hate them. They have a year waterproof warranty and I will be trading them back and possibly my for just the 12D maybe they won't stretch as much sucks I have a wide foot like a damn oar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom