• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Implication not taken, but I don't really have a problem with work visas, at least it's vetted or should be.

The only issue with work visas is that we are no longer going after those that overstay.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The only issue with work visas is that we are no longer going after those that overstay.
    True, just like the small fines to businesses that employ illegals.

I used to live in eastern Washington where migrant workers are quite numerous, and I can understand the implication of eliminating alien workers altogether. There are many farms, orchards and vineyards that rely on them. Without the alien migrant workers the costs to the consumers would be quite substantial. Could they employ citizens? Yes, but at what cost to everyone? How many Americans would endure the life of a migrant worker? Enough? Hard questions to answer, therefore I believe that better control of who comes here is an easier answer.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I understand that many of the jobs of an illegal alien are not considered jobs most citizens would care to do, but allowing it without proper work visas has made it an incentive as well.
    The guest worker visas are actually used pretty extensively. Of course it's a clunky inefficient system and the biggest problem is:

There are many farms, orchards and vineyards that rely on them. Without the alien migrant workers the costs to the consumers would be quite substantial. Could they employ citizens? Yes, but at what cost to everyone? How many Americans would endure the life of a migrant worker?
    All this cheap labor is slowing innovation. We should be developing machinery, processes, and automation that would reduce the amount of people needed for farming at a faster pace.

Another part of the problem is all the folks who would stave to death if they didn't live 3min from a grocery store. Large scale farms are mostly an unnecessary convenience. The world would be a nicer place if everyone raised at least a little bit of their own food.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    The only reason why Americans can choose to not do shit jobs, and believe me roofing in a Houston summer sucks, cleaning bathrooms sucks..., is because they are allowed to make that choice due to welfare and other safety nets. Welfare should be unemployment insurance and that’s it. Something temporary till a replacement job is found. Not generations of free loading. When the choice to sit on ones ass is offered many will take it.

We need 2 walls. 1 a waist high chain link fence with pictograph warnings every few feet. 100 yards inside that should be a 50 foot tall concrete barrier. Between them a mine field. Concrete wall can contain the shrapnel and splatter. Leave the carcasses to rot so when the pictograms fade the next criminal will see the real thing.

This should be quickly followed by a revamping of the immigration process to streamline allowing hard workers with jobs lined up to enter.

Charlie Primero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    Forest Country
    Without the alien migrant workers the costs to the consumers would be quite substantial. Could they employ citizens? Yes, but at what cost to everyone?

America is a Nation, not a collection of interchangeable Misean Economic Units.

I guarantee I can find a Bangladeshi who will do your job for 1/4 what any Mexican will. Do you want to live in New Bangladesh?

If you enjoy paying 10% less for a bag of potatoes, it's because you ignore the fact that the costs of illegal labor are being shifted onto society in general.

Things are usually illegal for a good reason. Cheaters employing illegal labor certainly is.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    America is a Nation, not a collection of interchangeable Misean Economic Units.

I guarantee I can find a Bangladeshi who will do your job for 1/4 what any Mexican will. Do you want to live in New Bangladesh?

If you enjoy paying 10% less for a bag of potatoes, it's because you ignore the fact that the costs of illegal labor are being shifted onto society in general.

Things are usually illegal for a good reason. Cheaters employing illegal labor certainly is.
    You say that as if I was advocating illegal aliens.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    This morning's newspaper suggests that it might not've been an attack/murder at all but an accident - possibly fell down a rocky slope in the dark. Makes more sense than the idea that an armed man was stoned to death and there isn't an empty pistol with 4 magazines worth of brass on the ground next to his body, along with a couple of DRT wetbacks.

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz

Hey Bud, just to let you know not everyone working in the fields is here illegally. Only a small percentage, maybe 10% or less are illegal. The rest are documented. In the fields you get paid for what you pick. You can't scam like that. Illegals don't like those jobs because they are here to scam the system. They take all other jobs where employers pay them cash and avoid paying all the other taxes like federal and state unemployment workers comp and other stuff. Then they can claim they are not working and get all the welfare they can get. It's the ones that are here legally that bust their asses and take the jobs no one else wants.

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    This morning's newspaper suggests that it might not've been an attack/murder at all but an accident - possibly fell down a rocky slope in the dark. Makes more sense than the idea that an armed man was stoned to death and there isn't an empty pistol with 4 magazines worth of brass on the ground next to his body, along with a couple of DRT wetbacks.

I seriously doubt it. For two agents who know the area and are used to working in the dark to both fall down and receive that kind of head damage is hard to believe. As far as shooting a threat, if you see it coming then yes there would have been shots fired. But in heavily brushed area, it is easy for someone to jump you from behind. If you get jumped from behind and get hit in the head chances are you will not be able to draw you weapon. And remember, the ones coming across aren't just poor souls coming to make a better life for themselves. There are many convicted felons coming from all over.

Charlie Primero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    Forest Country
    This morning's newspaper suggests that it might not've been an attack/murder

Leftist media spinning for their Open Border agenda.

Here's the "rocky slope" or "canyon" I've heard ABCNNBCBS talk about...

AgentDeathReady1-640x627.jpg

[source]

The FBI investigation is considering all possibilities, including some type of accident, because that's what investigations do. #FAKENEWS spins that into "It was an accident".

At any New Year's Eve party this year, ask people what happened to those B.P. Agents earlier this year. 99% of them will say "Oh, I remember that was an accident".

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I apologize. I didn't read the last sentence of your post.

The "Work Americans Won't Do" argument triggers me to no end. :-)
    I try to look at it realistically. Sure it's easy to say that we should put those on welfare to do the jobs that illegals are doing, and that would be great, but it won't happen. Those in the projects and on welfare would rather steal to live then actually work hard for a living, and even if you were to get them out in the country, do you think they would really work? It would be easier to regulate who comes into to the country then to change the mindset of those dependent on handouts.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Walls can work!!! Ask people that lived in Berlin after WWII. Not many people made it out of East Berlin alive. Reagan "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" and the people flooded though.

bob

Top Bottom