• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Right now, it looks like I've got more rifles than good scopes, so I'm thinking of a bore sighter. Besides ammo isn't cheap.

They range in price from 50 to 100 bucks. Any experience? Thoughts?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I have one of those universal Sighters with the studs. Its ok, but it aint too accurate. It'll get you somewhere close to the paper so you dont have to worry about shooting someone over in the next county!
    If you shooting some price ammo like 270 winchester it'll help you wast some.
    I bought a few lazer sights from Sight Mark. Those things are awsome!! They look just like a shell and fit in battery position. The company is in Mansfield, Texas that makes em.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Right now, it looks like I've got more rifles than good scopes, so I'm thinking of a bore sighter. Besides ammo isn't cheap.

They range in price from 50 to 100 bucks. Any experience? Thoughts?

I have a SL-150 laser boresighting system. I love it. Sights in most firearms. It has a red laser.

If I were buying NOW, I would get the green laser one. Shows up WAY better in daylight.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Put target at 25 yards, remove bolt, set scope at middle of target, look through bore, adjust scope until bore sees paper ... done. Fire first shot at 25 yards, make adjustments, move to 100 yards and fire two more shots to sight in the gun. 3 rounds and you're done.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    thats the best way unless you can look through the bore
    and if your buying stay away from any of the ones under 60 bucks or so
    ive had 3 from different companies none of them were even close to accurate

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you don't use the cartridge version, remember to remove it from the barrel before you fire a shot:

boresighter..jpg

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Put target at 25 yards, remove bolt, set scope at middle of target, look through bore, adjust scope until bore sees paper ... done. Fire first shot at 25 yards, make adjustments, move to 100 yards and fire two more shots to sight in the gun. 3 rounds and you're done.

Never thought of that. I guess that'll only work on something with a removeable upper though.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The Cartridge type lasers in the bore are terrific, but.....if your rifle doean't have bolt hold opener capabilities like my AK and the bolt slams shut on the laser cartridge, bye bye laser !

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Never thought of that. I guess that'll only work on something with a removeable upper though.

Mostly bolt actions, but you could do it with an AK or AR depending on how the optic is mounted (AK).

Frankly if you mount the scope properly, just move the target to something point blank like 10 yards. Fire one shot and make some large adjustments. The cost of a caliber specific bore sight tool is more than two or three rounds, even at $1 / shot.

One thing a decent bore sight tool can do is simplify correctly mounting the scope, presuming you have windage adjustable rings.

Top Bottom